“Great Vegetarian Cafe” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 4,410 restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Dining on a budget
Description: Notre mission est de proposer une cuisine vegetarienne de grand-mere, savoureuse, appetissante et reconfortante pour attirer de plus en plus de clients pour changer leurs habitudes alimentaires et leur permettre d’avoir un impact sur leur bien-etre personnel et celui de la Terre
Tasmania
“Great Vegetarian Cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Busy Friday lunchtime so, without a booking, had to come back later but it was worth the wait.The atmosphere is eclectic and crowded but has a real buzz with the clientele being mostly young people. Service was attentive and fast and the menu varied enough for us non-vegetarians to really enjoy our meal.
We had the black bean burrito and curry - beautiful flavors and large serves. Don't usually eat dessert at lunch but we were both tempted with the ginger basil crême brulée and pineapple raspberry cheesecake. The crême brulée was perfect with just a hint of ginger and basil and the cheesecake had a different take on the usual cheesecake slice as it was served in a jar with the biscuit crumbs on top - much lighter than some cheesecakes and delicious. Enjoyed a glass of wine with the meal and excellent coffees afterwards - great meal! The prices were very reasonable cafe prices. Would definitely eat there again but best to make reservations.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

92% Recommend
North Carolina
“Worth a stop in the McGill area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Though we had a little bit of a wait, it was certainly worth it! I had the Veggie Lasagna and I wish I could have eaten every bite of it because it was delicious!!! Portions were huge. Pricing was right on par with other cafes in Montreal. I would not hesitate recommending this cafe to others.

Visited October 2013
UK
“mixed experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I went to this place with my wife and 14 months old son, first time we were accommodated with no trouble and enjoyed our meal so we went again, unfortunately we did not have a good experience 2nd time, it was weekday and there was only 1 young girl named Hillary, she was probably stressed working in a busy little restaurant but she treated us really bad, initially we sat on two little tables combined with 4 chairs which was good as has space for my son and the plates, soon Hillary decided to take one chair away then told us she needs the other table (despite having other empty tables) and crammed all the plates in one table, we did not have space for drinks etc, but no one came or used that table,she took my plate before even I finished!! and made us feel very uncomfortable so I took my son and waited outside to let my wife finish eating, Hillary did not even thank me when I left a tip despite her rude behaviour (tip was meant for the guys in the kitchen) so we left the place and promised to ourselves that we wont be back there ever again.
Overall food was good but definitely not a family/child friendly experience we had.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
cafelolarosa, Owner at Cafe Lola Rosa, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Otravez

First of all, let us thank you for taking the time to express your feelings and give us feedback about your experience at Lola Rosa.
Feedback whether it's positive or negative, allows us to keep working on improving our customers experience.
We strive to offer our customers the best food and service possible and when it doesn't happen like it should, we make sure to correct our mistakes.
Being under pressure or busy doesn't excuse any behaviour that lets our customers think that they were not welcome in our establishment. Even if the food was good as you stated, we feel like we let you down by not offering you the full Lola Rosa experience. And we believe that this incident is part of a very few isolated cases, but should never happen to anyone.
We, the management, are more responsible than Hilary herself, as we were not capable of preventing such an incident.
We kindly ask you then to get in touch with us via email or phone, so we can offer you gift certificates of at least the same value as the meal cost you during your last visit.
Please feel free to call the restaurant and ask for Emilie or Eric or simply email us at eric@lola-rosa.ca.
Just know we value your business as much as your feedback and would be thrilled to have you back.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Sincerely
Baltimore, Maryland
“Veggie heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited the cafe on a late Friday afternoon. It's in the McGill area so lot of young college kids. Cute tree lined street. We were immediately greeted by the owner. We had the tomato pie (a family recipe apparently) and the Hempburger. The burger was one of the best veggie burgers I've ever had! Obviously made fresh with great ingredients. We finished the meal with an amazing latte and the brownie. Worth a visit!

Visited September 2013
Helsinki, Finland
“Vegetarian / Vegan Best in Montreal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We visited this restaurant with family and were nicely surprised. First of all we were divided into two tables so that the teens got their own next to us, and we were having our own "date night" - big tips for the waitress for that. I found easily several good vegan options, and chose burrito, my daughter took chili and liked it a lot ! This has always been my Montreal favorite, but being family friendly was what made me write this review - as this restaurant is mostly know for being student, hip-young couples place.

• Visited May 2013