“You have to try this place !!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #155 of 4,473 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Quality, quality & quality
“You have to try this place !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Great food , service , and authentic Italian experience. Family owned and operated you will keep going back for more

New York City, New York
“Great food and charming service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Very nice restaurant, personal and friendly service, great food. The location next to the highway, gas stations and shops came as a shock first place, but everything else was truly great and made you forget about the suboptimal location. Bring your own wine is a great concept, will come again!

Montreal, Canada
“Worth the meal. Nice service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Food was good, service was good. Nothing to complaint. The selection of wine was also very interesting. Waiter recommende a winde to go with pasta and fish. Lovely !

Visited August 2012
Montreal
“Very Good food-Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

An acquaintance and I decided to go out for dinner last Saturday night.We opted for Italian food at La Campagnola in Ville Lasalle. This restaurant is a little out of the way ,however defintely worth the trip.If you didn't know the address you would probably barely notice this place except that every outdoor seat was taken and we just managed to get a table inside where the decor was cozy traditional Italian style.We were greeted very well at the door and quickly led to our table.The menu is quite elaborate.As it was my first time here I decided to try a few things to check out the menu. For starters I chose a green salad and tortelini soup. Both were generous in size and very tasty.I also added an order of bruschetta.This was the only item that I felt was below expectations as it was served wet and soggy on a 5 to 6 inch piece of bread that cost 9 dollars.A tad expensive for what it was.My main dish was veal scallopini that was served with a sweet sauce. It was quite good.As I always judge a good Italian restaurant by the quality of its pasta dishes I asked our waiter to bring me a small side dish of pasta and meat sauce to try some of their pasta. He brought me a large dish which I later brown bagged and brought home(at no charge). My friend had the baked lasagna with meat balls and cannoli for dessert ,and told me that both were really good. I finished with a piece of their Bailey's cheesecake which was also good.I concude by saying that this was an excellent meal which cost about $100.00 for both of us.Portions were generous and the service was fantastic from the moment we arrived to the time we left.I will go back to this restaurant to check out some of their other items.We did phone ahead to get a table, so reservations are required here as in most very good restaurants. E. Brown Montreal

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“No longer will we avoid Italian restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

We have often bemoaned the fact that there are so few good restos in our part of Montreal. But no longer!! Because of the recommendations of Trip advisor reviews (thank-you folks!!), we decided to take some out of town friends to one of their favorite (and among our least favorite) food style restaurants. We had a great dining experience at La Campagnola! The food was excellent on the Thursday night that we visited (I would recommend during the week if you want a more intimate quiet evening), but even more than that was the warm welcome that we received from the entire staff. We were almost part of the family!! And of course the BYOB reduces the cost. For the four of us, with the thanks for the good service, it came to 151$.

• Visited May 2012