“Great place for Pho and Bun” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pho Tay Ho

Pho Tay Ho
6414, rue Saint-Denis, Montreal, Quebec H2S 2R7, Canada (Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie)
514-273-5627
Improve this listing
Ranked #670 of 4,678 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie
Montreal, Canada
“Great place for Pho and Bun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Always crowded but efficient service, great for pho but also for grilled pork like "bun cha Tay Ho". In case it's too crowded, try "Y Lan" restaurant on the other side of the street.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

toronto
“SUPER good food - Fast - cheap!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

Delicious soup and rolls - the service is fast and the prices are RIGHT! great place to go - good atmosphere too!

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vaudreuil, Quebec, Canada
“I LOVE it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I can't say anything bad about this restaurant.. I go there at least once a month since 2009 and I'm never disappointed. I brought some friends, my girlfriend, my family and they all loved it. They have the best pho soup out there (you have to like coriander though). Try it if you never did.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Lived up to Expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Our Blackberry pointed us to this restaurant as we approached Montreal en route from New Brunswick. Great find! It was about 5 minutes off the highway and we found free on street parking but the place was hopping (Monday night at 6:00 PM Thanksgiving). We did get a seat right away and they lived up to the reputation of fast service and good food. We eat a lot of Vietnamese food due to food allergies and are fairly picky; this one ranks up there with our favourites. Two had noodle soup; the better one included vegetables with the chicken. The barbecue beef salad plate was huge and very nicely cooked (it does not come with rice wraps which we ordered separately but they forgot to bring them). My lemongrass beef was amazing. The one problem (other than the forgotten wraps) was they don't take any credit cards. Lucky we had cash with us!

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
toronto
“Not as good as touted”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

This restaurant is very popular; we had to wait on a Monday night. Trip Advisor and others have rated it highly.

But I found it very disappointing. Service is fast, but the Pho Ga (chicken soup), when it came, was warm at best. I have had Pho in Vietnam and in many Toronto restaurants, and never has it been served so cold.

The soup itself was unremarkable; I have had much better chicken Pho in at least two other North American restaurants. The chicken and vegetables were OK, but again not remarkable. I don't know why other reviewers have raved about this soup; is far from the best Pho Ga and it is even farther from the best chicken soup I have ever eaten.

We also ordered a mixed grill, said to be served with a salad. The grill was just plain, not much flavored, chicken on a skewer and good grilled shrimp on a skewer served with plain rice and a salad that was mostly bean sprouts, with some sliced carrots and cucumber and a bit of lettuce.

We had a two-year old with us, and they were very accommodating for him.

The bill for two entrees (no beverages), with tax and tip, was under $30, but that is on the high end for this kind of Pho restaurant.

Overall, however, I will not go back to this restaurant. The pho in the Montreal neighborhood pho place is better, hotter, and there is no line up.

• Visited August 2011