“Simply great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Laloux

Restaurant Laloux
250, Av Des Pins E, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1P3, Canada (Le Plateau-Mont-Royal)
+1 514-287-9127
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Laloux is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 4,549 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Le Plateau-Mont-Royal
Burlington, Vermont
“Simply great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

We chose this restaurant based on the TA reviews and the fact that it was just a few blocks from our B&B. It was fabulous! Tasteful white tablecloth, bistro style, excellent service, and delicious food. My wife thought the mackerel was among the best food she has ever had at a restaurant. I had the duck with ham and it was great. The complementary little pastries at the end of the meal were a fine touch. We are very happy to have discovered this restaurant and will certainly be back.

New York City, New York
“Hearty Meal on a cold night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Having walked about 30 minutes in the cold, after another restaurant was closed (closed, and it was not even a Monday night) we finally reached Laloux. I had read the reviews and it was fairly close to our digs for the trip. It was like a simple Parisian eatery--white table cloths, booths, some divisions and overall giving off a good feeling. I ordered the duck with the ham --Duck magret and ham from la Canardière, parsley roots, brussels sprouts, immature juniper berries and ash sour cream. The meal was done to perfection. The waitress was also very patient. She checked back a few times and did a nice job in explaining the dish. I would go back when I am in town again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
North Jersey
“This is why you go to Montreal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We have not been to LALOUX in about 5 years, just because there are so many great choices.
In recent years, many of our old favorite semi-formalish restaurants have disappeared, so we decided to go back to some that have never let us down. When we heard that there was a new chef (3 years) we were a little concerned, but our anxiety was wasted. One of the best evenings that we have ever spent dining ensued. Foie gras terrine, unspeakably wonderful, that's a little more polite than "orgasmic". Squash soup, I didn't think anyone could ever do better than the HIghLawn Pavilion in NJ. Venison for me, perfectly done, and the crowning touch… our waitress Andree Anne. What a jewel! I left the wine selection up to her, and she selected a perfect Burgundy, well under $100, and provided the loveliest conversation as the snow started showing in the street lights. Laloux may have jumped into my top five restaurants in the world.

Montreal, Canada
“Dependable simple elegance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I have been going to this restaurant at least once a year for 30 years. It has never failed. Everything is simple elegance, including the decor. There is no pretension, just honest attention to detail. The waiters are well-trained to answer questions about the food and wine. The cuisine has always been excellent in my experience. There is often a flourish that is both gustatory and visual that surprises and delights. The atmosphere is great and the restaurant is rarely loud. Overall I consider it perhaps my favourite restaurant over all these years.

• Visited October 2013
Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil
“Really great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I went there for the taste MTL, which is like restaurant week. Everything was perfect! The service, the food presentation, the taste! I really enjoyed my time there. The ambiance is cozy and very romantic for a couple, however it's very good to spend some time with friends too.
I willl definately go back there. Since it was taste MTL, the entree, main dish and desert cost CA19,00, so I don't know about the regular price.

• Visited November 2013