“One of My Montreal Favorites” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Laloux

Restaurant Laloux
250, Av Des Pins E, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1P3, Canada (Le Plateau-Mont-Royal)
+1 514-287-9127
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Laloux is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 4,410 restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Le Plateau-Mont-Royal
Essex Fells, New Jersey
“One of My Montreal Favorites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Dinner at Restaurant Laloux is a must when I plan a visit to Montreal. It is a very comfortable establishment performing consistently with excellent food and service over the years I have been dining there. This time was no exception. The squash soup appetizer was top notch as was the duck magret main course. Seems like I always have duck at Laloux. My companion had the flank steak and gave it high marks as well. Service is always above average and Laloux is attractive yet understated in ambience. Dinner for two with a pint of beer each and a shared desert is a reasonable $105CN. Montreal has a good number of fine French restaurants and Laloux is one of my personal favorites.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

89% Recommend
Toronto, Canada
“Best meal we've had in Montreal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Went in for dinner one night as our hotel was just around the corner on St Denis. It turned out to be the best meal we had during our stay. Everything on the menu sounded so amazing it made it very difficult to choose. When we did finally decide all of our food exceeded our expectations. Everything on each plate went together perfectly and was cooked to perfection. It was pricey but well worth the cost. I would HIGHLY recommend Laloux to anyone looking for a restaurant for a special date or just an amazing meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Oakville, Canada
“Best meal experience we've had in a long time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

It doesn't get much better than this. We enjoyed the most amazing meal at this cozy Bistro in Montreal recently. Their appetizers were delicious - my smoked salmon with poached Ontario peaches was fabulous. My husband's sauté mushrooms on a log was equally delicious. Our entrees were scallops and article char that were cooked to perfection. The icing on the cake was caramel profiteroles - the best I've ever tasted and I had to resist not licking the plate! The service was superb throughout the meal. Would definitely recommend making reservations. Also, if walking or taking the Metro to get there take a walk through Carre St. Louis and admire the Quebecois architecture of the buildings on the north side of the square. It is not cheap but for a special occasion this bistro is worth the price. With wine, appetizers, main, dessert and coffee - @ $200 per couple.

Visited September 2013
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

A group of five women dined here and we all agreed everything was absolutely delicious and the food was beautifully presented! If you want a guaranteed great meal, stop here. Entrees range between $20 and $30 with salads, appetizers and desserts averaging around $8-10 but well worth the price.

Visited September 2013
NYC
“Worth a visit to Montreal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

While in Montreal I turned to Trip Advisor to determine the best restaurants in a city known for excellent food. I was not disappointed. Restaurant La Loux is one of those rare restaurants that combines amazing, not-to-expensive gourmet food with impeccable service. From the moment our group of 6 walked in the door to the last bite of Chocolate Mousse, we were served by very attentive, yet unobtrusive staff. When we ordered one bottle of red and one of white wine, our server not only recommended wines but came to the table with two of each to give us some additional choices regarding the wine's body and acidity.

Equal care was given to the food. Each course that arrived was beautifully plated and a delight to the palate. La Loux takes pride in using meats, fish and veggies that are locally raised or grown. A wonderful place to kick back and enjoy the best Montreal has to offer.

• 5 of 5 stars Food