“Nice little Turkish eatery worth a visit!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Avesta

Avesta
2077 SAINTE-CATHERINE St. WEST, Montreal, Quebec, Canada (Centre-Ville (Downtown))
(514) 937-0156
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Montreal, Canada
“Nice little Turkish eatery worth a visit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have been to Avesta twice, once with my spouse where in passing by on Ste-Catherine the woman in the window making and baking the Lavash bread (which reminded us of our trip to Istanbul) attracted us to the interior of the establishment which felt cozy and warm given the limited number of tables and the decoration).
We had their tasty lentil soup and then shared a couple of their main dishes and were conquered by both the quality and price of the whole meal for two persons.
I subsequently returned here alone for dinner and ordered the daily special consisting of soup, lamb kebab with salad and lavash bread for $16.
Service at Avesta might have its shortcomings but is always courteous and does not detract much from this small reasonably priced Turkish eatery.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Laval, Canada
“Manti !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Best Turkish in town. The Manti is awesomne, homemade and very fresh. Not expensive for the nice food you get.
The service is very slow, don't go on a hurry.

Visited September 2013
Montreal, Canada
“First time eating Turkish cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I tried Avesta based on the recommendation of a friend. I was a little apprehensive about trying Turkish food but I am glad I did; it was delicious. The lentil soup was out of this world - it contained certain spices that just unlocked all the flavors.

I also ordered a meat and potato "Borek", it is similar to the pastry used for Baklava with meat and potato. It was delicious.

It is good to know they also serve wine in the restaurant.

I recommend this restaurant because it is well located, the atmosphere is pleasant, food is delicious and reasonably priced. I would not hesitate to go back there.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Turkish-Anatolian cuisine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

In Montreal, specially in Saint-Catherine famous street, you can find many good restaurant,many of them are really good but only some of them are iconic and great. I can put Avesta in this list. a restaurant with good Turkish food and dessert , the icon and the character of this one is the lady who sits just behind the mane window and bakes delicious , so great traditional bread named Lavash in the oven... I love it. I took a dish of beef, onion and egg (I forgot the name) it was just good but not my taste,the beef supposed to be fried but it's in the way which look like steam cooked!! the other guys with me loved their dishes specially one of them with Lamahjun , great taste, stuff and awesome.
I give most of the credit of this place to its very welcoming and nice ladies works there and also great great Lavash ... but foods are also good if you choose the one you like it, so make a research about Turkish recipe before going there.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Great food, unless it has gone bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I love the tasty food here. But I think they must have a quality control problem, probably on mezze that don't sell fast enough. Two of the mezze we ordered had gone bad. They were very nice about the whole thing (they didn't charge us for the spoiled food), and I wouldn't write this review, except that this is the second time this has happened, so I guess it is not a fluke. I really would love to go back, but the taste of the spoiled food in my mouth, for a second time, is a going to be hard to get over....

• Visited September 2013