“Great food in great atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shambala

Shambala
3439 Saint-Denis, Montreal, Quebec, Canada (Le Plateau-Mont-Royal)
(514) 842-2242
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #692 of 4,554 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Tibetan
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau-Mont-Royal
Montreal, Canada
“Great food in great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

Went there last month with my bf. It was our first time with food from Tibet. We were a little anxious to see what we would get as the name of the meals were all greek to us but we were quite pleased with what was served. The momo's were great, especially the meat ones. We also shared a huge plates of noodles and a chicken curry. Everything was tasty and very affordable. The place was cozy and quiet (we were there on a monday night) and the staff was very nice. I would definetly recommend.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Adams, Massachusetts
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

My husband and I have never had Tibetan food before but we both loved our meals. We started with the dumplings. They were wonderful. I had chicken with curry and my husband had a huge plate of noodles, beef and veggies. We had plenty to eat and the server was helpful and polite.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montreal
“Awesome restaurant great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

This place is money! Great home made style healthy Tibetan food with lots of vegetarian options and options for meatlovers too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winchester, Virginia
“Great experience of Tibetan food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

We went on a slow weeknight and loved the food, atmosphere and service. Compares well with other Tibetan restaurants we have frequented.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Beirut
“Most hilarious culinary experience of my life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

It was Monday night, and almost all restaurants Rue St. Denis were closed. My bf and I were looking for somewhere to dine. We found Shambala. The overall good reviews it got on tripadvisor made us want to try it. We were super excited since it was our first Tibetan "experienc". And what an experience. The food was heavy and literally tasted like NOTHING. No flavours, no spices, no salt, no taste whatsoever. But the staff was extremely nice and we felt bad for them since we couldn't finish the food. I don't think I had ever laughed this much in my life. And up to this day, I don't know if it what made us laugh. The solid particles they call food, that we were supposed to swallow, or was it the weird taste of the water, or the funny smell inside. All I know is had fun, but ate the worst food of my life. But then again, that's just me.

• Visited September 2010