“So good, went back the next day!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amelia's - CLOSED

Amelia's
201 Rue Milton, Montreal, Quebec H2X 1V5, Canada (Le Plateau Mont-Royal)
(514) 845-8396
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Wasaga Beach
“So good, went back the next day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

A delicious trip down memory lane. Hadn't been since undergrad at McGill many moons ago, just as amazing as I remembered. Had 2 of our 3 lunches there, the pizza is just outstanding. Don't forget to bring your own wine!

Visited November 2012

Asnieres, France
“So THIS is what $20 gets you for a pizza in Montreal these days?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Amelios in the McGill Ghetto neighbourhood was a favourite hangout in my college days, all of 25 years and more ago now. While our take-out pizzas were pretty good, the prices are totally out of whack.

The "free delivery" apparently only goes so far: fair enough, but they could tell you that on the phone before tacking on a $5 charge.

Meaning: my 10-inch "gourmet" Le Club pizza really came to nearly $20, after taxes. In short, a real rip-off. It was good, but hardly great.

To be honest, a lot of places in Montreal have gotten seriously overpriced lately. Quebec has a lot of insidious VAT-type taxes, and it's hitting the food and drink services people where it hurts.

Still, Amelios is way overpriced.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal
“Delicious Pizza, BYOB (Beware, Cash only!)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Classic Montreal Pizza! Amelios is always a little intimidating because of the huge lineup outside but it's worth the wait. Great pizza, friendly service and very fast! This is a great place for a casual bite with a friend. The fast service is nice because you get your pizza really really hot! They also throw in a nice salad to start. Highly recommended if you're in the area. We have yet to try ordering from their place on Bernard, I hope the pizza quality is the same. That being said , this place gets 4 stars for being cash only. Really guys? With the business you have, one would think that you would be able to make it more accessible. Especially being in a student area, Cash-only feels so backwards.

Also, they are BYOW/B!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Not recommended”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

For the quality and taste of the pizza it was totally overpriced. The crust tasted too much like yeast and it looked and tasted like they used some cheap disgusting processed cheese. On top of that they took away my salad even though I wasn't finished and packed our pizza without asking if we're done or not.
I was looking forward to their pizza because somebody recommended it to us but I am really disappointed and I'm not going back there.

New York City, New York
“NYC hearts Amelios sur Bernard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Kudos from another newyorker! Amelios is so uniquely delicious. I wish they'd open a NYC outpost We had a big group, which meant I could try lots of different dishes. My favorites? Eggplant parmigiana, white pizza ( count em 5 different cheeses!), and vegetable pizza. The crust is airy and light and crunchy and yet moist! Yumm! The owner came out to greet us... Was it because we gorged so much? Not sure, but we definitely brought our american appetites and left utterly satisfied. The best surprise (second only to the homemade tiramisu and cheesecake) was the very reasonable bill we received at the end of the meal. Esp. w the exchange rates changing, this was a welcome finale to a memorable meal.

• Visited August 2012