“Friendly Attentive Staff Make you Feel Welcome” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alexandre et Fils

Alexandre et Fils
1454 Peel, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1S8, Canada (Ville-Marie)
514.288.5105
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Mississauga, Canada
“Friendly Attentive Staff Make you Feel Welcome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Professional French Canadian waiters are efficient and attentive.
Décor is Parisian and beautiful.
Questions? Just ask!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chambly, Canada
“@nd visit to Alexandre ....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Reading the review of some writers , it seems that a visit to Montreal Pool Room will be a better place for them .

Alexandre et Fils , is an institutiuon . I am a passionnate of good food , and when I look for a visit to a Bistro as to be on Les Champs Elysées , I go there .

The Menu is simple , with all you like if you have travel a bit in Paris . This is the 2nd best place for "L'OS à la Moelle " au sel de Guérande , après Chez Denise dans les halles ( un clin d'oeil à Mr Creton )

Le Carpacio , excellents , Les Gambas et Pétoncles , Les Fromaged du Québec , and something spécial as Chapagne by the glass as well as very good selections of wine. More , there are some specialities as Choucroute de la mer , Bavette , to name a few .

I strongly recommand this restaurant .

For those with needles in your pocket and for whom, everything over 11$ is too expensive , stay home and order to any amertican fast food.

For those who want to be in the Real Montreal French Heritage , I suggest you try this restaurant .

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“"Authentic " !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I found this place after a full day of traipsing around Montreal - it seemed like a "venerable" old place a bit off the beaten track ( read: downtown but on a side road so : a bit hidden away, just as I like it !). I spent some time reading the awesome menu and wished I had the time and wallet to try it out properly but I settled on the Steak Tartare with Frites and I was not disappointed .It was awesome and : it left me feeling that I needed "something else"...........so, I had a cheese plate for "dessert" ( this was a high protein - no veg meal !) and that came with an amazing shot glass of tomato "nectar" with honey which I thought was brilliant - I have made it at home ever since to the unfailing delight of my guests. Two glasses of red wine accompanied this meal and I dropped almost 75 dollars with the tip. Definitely a splurge. But I am confounded at how some find this landmark to be "fast-food" like so I feel the need to share my (one !) positive experience............

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Disgraceful! Save your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

What a disgrace, waste of time, money, horrible food and service. Oh boy where do I begin. This was the worst dining experience I had in Montreal and to be honest it really ruined my weekend because I hate throwing money away on such terrible food in a city with thousands of other restaurants.
My husband and I were walking by and decided to go here for lunch. It reminded us of the nice little cafes we recently visted in Paris the way it was set up (sidewalk patio with similar chairs & tables). I guess this is how they get you.
We ordered fish and chips and a grilled chicken panini. While waiting, we noticed that the tables around us were all receiving bread basket & butter except for us. I didn't make a big deal and ask becuase we're not big bread fans but still, found it weird that our table didn't get any. We waited for about 45 minutes for our food to come out which I thought was a disgrace in itself, how long exactly does it take to make fish & chips and a panini?
When the food finally arrived, it looked worse than food you would get a a food court or a fast food place. The "grilled panini" was cold, stale bread similar to a cheap hamburger buns you would buy in a supermarket with a VERY thin piece of "chicken" breast in it and some old, wrinkled lettuce which I had to remove because it looked disgusting. The "salad" that came with it was again old and had been sitting in oil for who knows how long. It was just leaves - no tomatoes, cucumbers nothing, just leaves and gross dressing.
The "panini" was not edible, it was disgusting I could not eat it. They really are scammers charing almost $15 for this meal when you can get better quality food at a food court for under $10. The fish and chips that my husband had was tiny, barely any fish in the batter and the fries were cold and stale. Such a disgrace. The waiter was extremely rude, with some major attitude and a nasty, snotty look on his face like he was doing us a favour! He pretty much dropped the plates on our table with major attitude and we never saw him again until we had to chase him down for the bill and wait another 15 minutes for that to come.
Overall, HORRIBLE food, service, terrible establishment that should be shut down. For $46 plus tax (of course no tip as I would never reward such rude service and disgusting food) I could have gone elsewhere and actually had edible food. Subway has better sandwiches and better service than this disgraceful place. I will be emailing the management as that's how angry I am over this place! Please stay away!!
I would strongly urge anyone to stay away from this hole of a "restaurant". Spend your hard earned money elsewhere and not here.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Nice to sit on the terrace”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I tried this eatery for lunch, partly because it is convenient to the Omni Mont-Royal around the corner. Also, I love a restaurant whose tables spill out onto the street. The service was friendly and prompt, and I enjoyed the black cod with spinach. It is expensive to order drinks here, but the prix fixe is a good value.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere