“Consistant quality” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Montreal, Canada
“Consistant quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

The selection is limited but quality is exceptional. We have frequented this small restaurant for quite some time and come back regularly.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Excellent sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I have visited this place many times since moving to Verdun, and have only good things to say about it. It's a small place, very cosy, relaxing, and nicely decorated. The husband and wife who run the place are very pleasant. The food is fresh, flavourful, nicely seasoned, and beautifully presented on gorgeous ceramic dishes. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gatineau, Canada
“Great Sushi!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were staying at a friend's place in Verdun and wanted to eat some sushi. Not being familiar with the restaurants around there we were very pleased with Aka Fuji. The restaurant is small but the quality of the food is great. Not sure if we will go back to eat but we will for sure have some take-out the next time we are staying at our friends house.

Visited April 2013
Montreal, Canada
“It tastes like in Japan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

It does taste like Japan. I know what I am talking about: I lived there 3 years. And it tastes just like Japan because the chef is a genuine Japanese cook, a real Japanese restaurant owner like you can only find in Japan, completely dedicated to its meals and it s (small) restaurant. Cooking is not a job, it s an art. It s a quiet place, often the restaurant is quite empty, but it makes the experience even better. The food is absolutely delicious, and you can try anything on the menu. One of th best Japanese restaurant in Montreal. When I go there, I get my wallet ready, the dinner is a little pricey, like many Japanese real restaurants, but it s so much worth it.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Canada
“Excellent food, friendly service, unbeatable price, cozy atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I have JUST had my dinner there 2 hours ago and I must say - it's by far the best dining experience I've had during my stay in Canada this summer.

The entrance is quite small so if it wasn't for my boyfriend I would have missed it - if you're walking on rue Wellington, it's right opposite to Energie Cardio. It's a very intimate and cozy restaurant, before you even sit down you would already notice the nice decorations and good atmosphere inside.

The food was excellent too. My boyfriend had sushi and I had a soup udon with shrimp tempura, both of us had tea and green tea ice-cream. He also had a miso soup. And all these only cost us CAD37! The price is absolutely awesome, especially for that kind of quality! Everything tasted fresh and very well-made. You can tell the chef really put his heart into the food.

The service was very good. Very friendly and polite staff!

The restaurant is only open for dinner though (17:00 - 21:00), but it's definitely worth it! I know I would be absolutely returning to dine there again soon :) I don't know if it's because of the opening hours or if it's the entrance is too easy to be missed, but I haven't seen a lot of customers in there - it's such a shame especially it's such a gem!

I am including some photos I took of the food that we had - sorry for the quality, they turn out to be a bit blurry.

• Visited August 2011