“Never again!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Montreal, Canada
“Never again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Our new year’s eve was ruined. We were 60 people group squeezed in the corner next to the wash rooms with only one 20 inch. wide in/out access (place can accommodate no more that 16-20 people). Everything was randomly served without any common sense, many plates were missing, my husband doesn’t get the soup and dessert, I never seen my salad; at the end they give us free soda saying “this is a compensation “... I can write a book with terrible facts as dirty utensils, no speakers for this part of the restaurant, so no music (to remind this is supposed to be a party!!), not enough glasses, etc.
Food was generous.. and awful, except the dessert, for those of us lucky to get one.... overcooked langoustines, extremely raw meat, dry rice...
Never, never, never again!

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Montreal
“So-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I've eaten at the Casa Grecque in LaSalle a few times and have never been overly impressed. The portions are generous and the starter salad is usually good but, whenever I eat anything with their gravy, I always get a bad aftertaste awhile later. It repeats on me. I find that I much prefer the Greek food at Arahova across the road and down a bit. The last time I was at Cas Grecque, we were placed beside a large group and a few kids from that table were running around and playing in the aisles, annoying all the other guests and getting underfoot while the waiters were tring to serve other customers. I'm not sure why management didn't ask the parents to control their children - it is a restaurant not a playground. I never do understand parents who bring their children to a restaurant and let them run wild. It ruins the meals of other paying customers.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Awful place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Our group of six was unceremoniously shoved out of the way by two waiters at the doors. The third actually asked us if we want a table, but ‘no place on the patio’. Ok, we’ve requested a place by the window – but were seated in a noisy, dark corner with no window to speak of instead. When we’ve asked to be seated upstairs, where everything was empty, were told that all tables ‘are reserved’. When I’ve asked to talk to a manager, the waiter gave me a one over and turned on his heals and just left. No manager appeared at our table, so I was ready to leave this disgusting place, but my party was tired and hungry, so we’ve decided to stay.

Boy, was that a mistake. Two of our party got violently sick the same evening and considering that we didn’t eat anywhere else, the only culprit is this joint. They ate the meat and shrimp combo, and appetizers.

If you value your health (and maybe like a good service), avoid this place like the plague.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ville-Marie
“Don't order the filet mignon.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Easter Day, family group of 12. Service was EXTREMELY slow, almost like we didn't exist at some times. I am not a picky eater but when I order a steak, in the filet cut, in the rare cooking, I expect it to be tender. This steak was fat and tough. The greek salad was good and the baklava was great. I sampled my nephew's cheesecake and we agreed that it was a 6/10.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Montreal
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

We were greeted graciously and the food and service were awesome.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere