“Great experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vargas Steakhouse & Sushi

Vargas Steakhouse & Sushi
690 Rene Levesque W., Montreal, Quebec H3B 1X8, Canada (Formerly Vargas Steakhouse) (Ville-Marie)
514-875-4545
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Description: We are located in the heart of downtown Montreal at the corner of University and Rene Levesque streets.we are steps away from the Queen Elizabeth hootel and a short distance from most downtown hotels.we offer delicious Angus steaks, fresh seafoood, and a terrific sushi bar.
Toronto, Canada
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Visited while staying at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth so location was perfect. Enjoyed the sushi and the poutine was amazing. Staff very attentive and helpful. Definitely recommend this spot!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

69% Recommend
Montreal, Canada
“Really Bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I went to this restaurant for my sister's birthday and ordered their "famous prime rib" I'm not a foodie so don't really know how to describe food well. In a word --- gross. it was a slap of meat on a plate drenched in soup (no idea why). I asked for medium rare but they gave me rare. When I told them, the manager said it's because they have thin meat. That makes no sense. The combo came with rice and it's not even good rice (im asian), it's like those microwave rice. The beef flank my brother ordered was actually just 2 bites. Our whole family had to go to A&W afterwards. The waiters were nice but the food was just pure disappointment. Will not go back ever and will never recommend this resto to anyone.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Vargas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food was excellent. Our cerver, Pascal, was wonderful and recommended several dishes, all of which we loved. I definiely recommend this place.

Visited January 2013
Ottawa
“Good roast beef”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I'd give the restaurant 3.5 - it's better than average; just not really good. We ate dinner while staying at the nearby Queen Elizabeth Hotel. It was great to find a nice restaurant so close, and we were pleased it wasn't a chain (the Keg is across the street but why eat at a chain when you're in Montreal??). The restaurant is attractive and lively and the staff were great. My partner and I both had the prime rib and it was very good, although just a little tough. The onion soup was excellent but the Caesar salad was a little bland. I would certainly recommend the restaurant and would return if back at the hotel and in the mood for beef again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gatineau, Quebec
“Try This Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is a really nice spot slightly off the beaten path, with very professional staff, but friendly at the same time, a reasonably priced menu, with good variety and generous portions.
Kudos to The Keg right across the street for arranging a spot for us, as they had a 3 hour wait for a table.
You will likely spend over $100 for a couple, but you won't regret it!
We were 6 people and spent just under $300 with 2 bottles of wine among us, to give you an idea.

Visited November 2012