“Meal and Atmosphere Worth Coming Back for” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stash Cafe

Stash Cafe
200 rue St-Paul Ouest (At rue St-Francois-Xavier), Montreal, Quebec H2Y 1Z9, Canada (Ville-Marie)
514-845-6611
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #67 of 4,562 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Polish
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Description: Polish cuisine done to perfection in a great atmosphere. Chip away at basic Polish dishes or dare to try more interesting options.
philadelphia
“Meal and Atmosphere Worth Coming Back for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

The food is terrific, the atmosphere could not be friendlier and the location makes it so that we spilled, content, into a beautiful Montreal night in a perfect frame of being to enjoy the historic neighborhood that surrounds Stash. I will come back whenever I can.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
“Best Eastern Eurpoean food in the Country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This place is an old favorite, the perogies are even better than those of my mom & grandma. The cabbage rolls are also excellent

Visited December 2013
Cape Cod
“Fantastic Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We enjoyed an excellent lunch featuring Beet Consumme, Mixed Green Salad, Cabbage Stew, Dumplings and Cabbage Rolls stuffed with pork and rice in this Polish restaurant in Old Montreal. Fantastic flavors, very fresh and hearty portions for a winter season lunch. Excellent beer menu as well including two local beers on tap. Atmosphere was casual, hip and comfortable.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Always Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stash is one of our favorite restaurants and one of the best in Montreal. It's one of our go-to spots.

The restaurant is pretty romantic with exposed stone and a piano player cranks out lots of fun pop tunes. We always sign the big guestbook, which gives the restaurant a homey fell.

The meals are homey, hearty and delicious. A couple of years ago they rebranded the "Primer" as the "Debutante", and it is the heartiest meal on the menu. I always order extra pierogis because they are just the best restaurant pierogis around (they are actually home made).

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Salem, New York
“Great food & ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We visited this restaurant after reading reviews on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. My boyfriend and I were in Montreal for post-Christmas / New Year's festivities and on our first night, called around 5PM for reservations at Stash Café for 7PM; we thought we may need them on a Saturday night. The man on the phone happily took our reservation (although I'm not sure we really needed one) and said "I'm afraid I can't guarantee a seat by the window." A short walk to Vieux Montreal from our hotel on Saint Antoine, and we were promptly seated at a perfect spot near the window where our table had been reserved (glad I called!). Our waiter was attentive and polite, answering our questions on portions, sides etc. The piano music added to the laid back and elegant atmosphere. We had the potato pancakes as our appetizer and they were out of this world (with the best side of applesauce I've ever had!). My boyfriend had the cheese pierogis and I had the breaded pork chop. Great portions and they were both outstanding. The side potatoes were also excellent. I encourage anyone visiting Montreal to make a stop at Café Stash for some authentic Polish comfort food in a warm, inviting environment.

• Visited December 2013