“Smoked meat was awesome” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Schwartz's

Schwartz's
3895 Saint-Laurent Blvd (North of rue Prince-Arthur), Montreal, Quebec H2W 1X9, Canada (Le Plateau Mont-Royal)
514-842-4813
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Toronto, Canada
“Smoked meat was awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had their smoked meat sandwich (we opted for their fatty option), and the meat melted in our mouths!!! They are different from the NYC deli experience (Katz's, Carnegie, etc.), and I would argue, slightly better!!! I would pass on the pickles (cornichons), but a definite yes to the Cott's Black Cherry colas!!!

Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
new haven, usa
“great Deli...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I grew up eating deli and have had brisket in a number of ways and this is the best. The smoked meat is even better then my grandmother used to make. The cole slaw was exceptional - old world vinegar taste. I don't eat pickles but my husband and son both loved them. I wish we had more time in Montreal so we could go a second time.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Halifax, Canada
“More than worthy of its reputation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Schwartz's has the reputation of being *the* place to go for smoked meat. And after (finally) getting there, I have to agree! SImple, friendly, local, a place to blend in and eat your lunch in the midst of a microcosm of the diversity of Montreal. The menu is simple, but I was surprised to be given the choice of 'fattiness' of my meat. I chose lean. The meat just melted in my mouth - it was divine. The spices were perfectly balanced, and the bread a worthy match. Get the pickle - one is enough for two people to share. We also chose to share one order of fries and one coleslaw. It made the perfect lunch. And I loved looking at all the signed photos on the wall of the celebrities who have visited over the years. It was definitely like going back in time - I am sure it doesn't look any different now to how it looked 50 years ago! We had a late lunch and just walked right in - no line up at all!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Friendly Staff, Great Sandwich!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We went around 2 o'clock on Sunday and there was a line, but quickly moved and was able to be seated within 5 minutes. We were party of 5, and ordered regular sandwich platter along with cherry soda as recommended by super friendly staff. Meal's GREAT, and you won't be disappointed!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best smoked meat sandwich ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Very good food in a traditional establishment. Nothing fancy, usually has a line (which is worth to wait on) and they really know what they are doing.

Visited July 2013