“Perfect embiance in the heart or the old port” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Modavie

Modavie
1 St Paul W, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 1Y6, Canada (Ville-Marie)
+1 514-287-9582
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Modavie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 4,553 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French, Italian, Mediterranean, Bistro
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Cross street: St. Laurent
Transit: Place D'armes Metro
Description: Seven nights a week, local bands take the stage at Montreal's hottest Jazz bar and bistro. Modavie's spirited setting encompasses two intimate floors and sets the scene for a night of great tunes, top dining and generous pastis toasting. The bistro's far-reaching wine menu hits just the right notes and helps round off succulent lamb, fish, beef and inspired pasta dishes.
“Perfect embiance in the heart or the old port”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were looking for a new place to eat at for date night. After stumbling upon modavi on trip advisor and reading the the great reviews it had, we decided to reserve. When we got there we were welcomed by Lorenzo who made us feel like we were VIP that just arrived. We were seated upstairs where the band was playing. I have the say it was the perfect atmosphere for date night. The band was fantastic. Not too loud and extremely talented. Service was right on point as we're the prices! 29$ table d'haute!! Lamb! And it was delicious! What a great experience! Lorenzo even walked us out and genuinely appreciated us coming. With a promise to take care of us on our next visit. What a classy guy.

So guys if you want to impress your girlfriend or date I strongly suggest modavi! Lorenzo will treat you like VIP and you won't go broke enjoying top notch food.

M&M

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

La Grange, Illinois
“Great Tiramisu disappointing authentic French food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Walk by this cute place and saw they were offering live music so I went in. I ordered a salad frisée with lardon and poach egg. I was really looking forward to this as I know that most French bistro in Montreal serve authentic French food. When it was served I was very disappointed it had possibly just a couple piece of frisée the rest was just regular greens, the poach egg was cooked hard, the croutons greasy and hard only the lardons were delicious. I told the waiter and he says he would speak to the kitchen but nothing happen. The dessert was wonderful but ultimately none took care of the issue so I probably won't go back as Montreal
Is filled with amazing place to eat.

Bruno P, General Manager at Modavie, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit. I would like to personally apologize for the lack of consistency you experienced during your meal with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, and your comment is taken very seriously.
I will personally look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct.
Thanks for the Tiramisu mention :)
Bruno
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
“Friendly Atmosphere with Great entertainment and Wine!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Didn't eat there so no comments on food quality but I can say this - best place to spend and evening listening to local talent in a friendly and customer service oriented restaurant and bar. Their wine selections are robust and the sevrice was great.

However, the biggest plus is that it's hard to find mellow entertainment in Old Montreal that soothes the traveller's senses and encourages a warm and cozy feeling! This place has that feel and is frequented by locals who are all friendly and eager to chat.

Having been there years ago I was pleased they maintained the ambiance and was grateful for a place that I could go solo while on business to enjoy some wine and great music.

Will be back for dinner for sure!!!

• Visited March 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Delicious Montreal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Had a lovely dinner at Modavie while in Montreal. The service was fabulous, the meal was perfect and Lorenzo was a wonderful host. Looking forward to my next trip to Montreal and my next meal at Modavie. Oh yes and the music was a lot of fun too.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bannister, Michigan
“Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Relaxing, typically European-paced meal. Live jazz music that contributed to the classy atmosphere but was not overpowering. One person in our party received the wrong meal and the waitress was very obviously sorry about it - situation rectified with multiple apologies and a free dessert. If you get the pesto penne, be sure to get extra cheese on it or it tastes a little bland. Would definitely eat there again!

• Visited April 2014