“Great seafood!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maestro S.V.P.

Maestro S.V.P.
3615 Boulevard St-Laurent, Montreal, Quebec H2X 1V5, Canada (Le Plateau-Mont-Royal)
+1 514-842-6447
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Maestro S.V.P. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #255 of 4,550 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Seafood, Tapas, Oyster Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Le Plateau-Mont-Royal
Cross street: Prince Arthur
Transit: St Laurent
Description:  Oyster season is year-round at Maestro S.V.P. Did you know that an  oyster’s flavor and texture differs depending on the species and origin? With a large variety of Pacific and Atlantic oysters to choose from, get ready to embark on a real adventure. We at  Maestro S.V.P. have shucked millions of oysters? So don’t be shy when asking our specialists for help in choosing your mineral-rich and low-calorie (an oyster only has 10 calories!) treat.Maestro S.V.P also offers a wide selection of seafood and fresh fish prepared with finesse and inventiveness.Scallops,lobster, steamed mussels, poached clams await discovery. From Tuesday to Thursday is Maestro S.V.P tapas, a menu of small portioned items. A great way to explore the menu or just have a small snack while relaxing in the dining room or on the terrace.Located on one of the trendiest strips in Montreal, Maestro S.V.P  has been able to maintain its simple and pleasant atmosphere. Its reputation and the limited number of seats make it more than desirable to reserve a table in advance. Favorite dishes:Tuna tartareBaked crab cakes with a citrus sauceSeafood linguiniFried calamari
c.p.
“Great seafood!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We shared the Maestro Platter for 2 and couldn't come close to finishing it! My wife raved about the bruschetta that was served with it. Go on an empty stomach and with a big bank roll. There were only 3 wines by the glass and starting at $11. Bottles of wine were no more affordable than by the glass.

Visited April 2013

Pflugerville, Texas
“C'est tres bon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were trying to figure out where to eat on our last night in Montreal, and we happened to find this restaurant. It was so good - atmosphere, the owner's humor, and the food! I had the spicy shrimp with fried risotto and asparagus - delicious! I would go back again and again!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Uxbridge, Massachusetts
“VERY good if you like seafood!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had dinner here for New Years Eve as suggested on the forum here. THANK YOU! Couldn’t have been better! Yes this place is “cozy” as in, you may sit close to others when the place is full but that is pretty much any location in the City. The food was great the service was very good. We had there “platter” for 2 and was more than enough to fill us both, the ONLY reason I can’t put it as 5 stars, they gave us a TON of mussels on the platter and as good as they are, if you don’t eat them immediately they dry up quick, and yes I am sure they are worth it but I can’t justify spending $4-$5 per oyster… but again HIGHLY recommend this place would go back again in a heartbeat! Oh check werbsite for specials such as all you can eat Mussles on Mondays I think...

• Visited December 2012
München
“Excellent food & friendly atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We visited Maestro SVP yesterday (on Christmas eve) on our 4 –day Montreal Christmas trip. My mom really wanted to go to a fish restaurant as it is our family tradition is to have fish on Christmas eve. We are soo glad we picked this place. I booked the table a week before, but I never received a confirmation, so I was really happy that they did actually reserve a table for us. The restaurant was nicely lit and the atmosphere was very charming with mirrors and oyster shells (signed by celebrities like Jean Paul Gaultier and Jean Reno) on the wall. (The one thing I would add to the place is white table clothes as this would certainly further enhance the dining experience). We had tuna tatar for appetizer - a real delight. As a main course I choose the “all you can eat mussels” as I’m a big mussels fan. It was an excellent choice and the 3 servings, about 3 lbs, certainly a great value. I haven’t had such good mussels since our Belgium/Brügge trip (the paradise for mussels lovers). My mom had the crab cakes and one of the salmon dishes – she absolutely loved it. We were so stuffed that only one of us had dessert, crème brule – nice! All the dishes very beautifully decorated and presented.

So this is where the “1 star” deduction comes: The servers were friendly, but one of them was keep forgetting our orders (this actually happened about 4 times)- so we had to order everything with the other server again (I think she was the manager), who then brought our orders promptly. I think that the restaurant was understaffed last night, because it was completely packed (about 14 tables, each ordering several courses) and had only 2 servers working.

Overall, we absolutely loved this place and we’ll be certainly be back on our next trip.

• Visited December 2012
Montreal, Canada
“For oyster lovers!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Great selection of oysters and exotic mixes!! :) We were two and had a great time. Price is reasonable.

• Visited October 2012