“I don't understand all of the positive reviews” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Le Mas des Oliviers

Le Mas des Oliviers
1216 Rue Bishop, Montreal, Quebec H3G 2E3, Canada (Centre-Ville (Downtown))
(514) 861-6733
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 4,419 Restaurants in Montreal
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
San Jose, CA
“I don't understand all of the positive reviews”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

I read the Trip Advisor reviews for this restaurant before going to Montreal and I was looking forward to eating dinner here. When I arrived (a Thursday night at about 6pm) I walked inside to find no waiters or hostess, but 4 old drunk guys and one scary old woman at the bar (with no bartender to be seen either). I waited by the hostess stand for 4-5 minutes and no one acknowledged me (except for the drunk old men who looked over their shoulders at me a few times). Finally I left and found somewhere else to eat. I have no clue what was going on with this place, but I know that I would never go back here and I am truly confused at all of the glowing reviews on this site.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chicago, Illinois
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

I've now been here twice in my two trips to Montreal, and I will make sure to come here every time I return to Montreal. Just outstanding food, service and ambiance. Everything was perfectly cooked, from the cream of broccoli soup to my meat sampler entree(portion of duck, filet mignon, foie gras, and Lamb shank). I can still taste all 4!!! And the desert was amazing as well. The owner is a very friendly French guy who greets you at your table throughout the evening to make sure you're happy. Just an overall great experience. Can't wait to return!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“outstanding food, outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

We found this restaurant through recommendation of our hotel (Loew's Vogue) concierge, because our favorite restaurant in Montreal (Les Halles) had closed.
We were not disappointed.
The staff was warm and expert, and the food was terrific- from appetizer through dessert.
We enjoyed the experience so much that we went back the next night for an equally gratifying time.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Absolutely extraordinary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

I plan to go back to this place EVERY TIME I visit Montreal - preferably more than once per visit. Exceptional food, welcoming ambience, reasonably-priced wine list - just a perfect spot.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Peterborough,NH
“A great experience. Good service,great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

An excellent downtown french resturant. The food was outstanding, prices moderate,along with good service made for a very enjoyable evening.