“Service never experienced before, absolute brilliance!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Hong Kong, China
“Service never experienced before, absolute brilliance!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Steak was good but nothing to rave about. Ordered two different steaks both were ok. The service was impeccable, the general service right through was great, at the end of the meal there was a toothpick in the steak along with the fries, the toothpick apparently has to be off the plate before being served, we did not realize it and nor did we complain, after the dishes were cleared the manager walked up to us on his own and informed us about the toothpick and said he will take that steak off the bill, we asked him how did he know about the toothpick and he mentioned he was informed by his staff. We thought this was highly impressive, I have dined in many fine dinning places and never experienced this, surely one of the best service I have experienced. I would go back there for the service itself. The food was good but not exceptional.

Visited July 2014

Tallahassee, Florida
“Always excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

On our three visits to Vieux Montreal we have dined here each
time. It has always been a good experience both in service and quality of food.

Visited July 2014
Brooklyn, New York
“I will drive back from NYC just to eat here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Our first trip to Montreal which can be in intimidating if you don't have a grasp of French but in Old Montreal you will find The Keg Steakhouse where you will be made to feel welcome and treated with the greatest warmth. What made this place stand out was not just the decor or food it was the welcoming atmosphere and the wonderful staff that served us.

We met our waiter who was probably one of the most attentive and patient when we explained our food allergies he assured us our menu selections did not have any issues and a few moments after we ordered the manager came out and assured us our steaks would not be cooked on the same grill as the shrimp or other seafood.

Now the meal we ordered the French Onion Soup a NY Strip and a petite filet with the double stuffed potato and the garlic mashed. The French Onion soup was totally decadent the cheese perfectly melted on seasoned croutons floating on a dark hearty broth with sherry essence cannot ask for better!

The NY Strip was cooked to perfection medium well juicy tender and well seasoned and a perfect portion.

The filet wrapped in applewood bacon was perfectly cooked dressed and rated with one of the best I have tasted.

The double stuffed potato was absolutely delicious with smokey bacon chives and sour creme that blew away many other top rated establishments.

The garlic mashed was also a hit smooth light hint of garlic and creme that created a smooth and creamy melt in your mouth experience.

The wine list is large and extensive they will make recommendations for your meal pairings.

After two glasses each we sadly did not have room for dessert and our waiter seemed disappointed but if we did they would have found us asleep at our table because we were already in need of a nap.

Overall one of the best experiences in a steakhouse in years and we have a high bar living in NYC to rule with.

Southampton, Massachusetts
“Favorite Meal all trip, maybe even of all time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Somewhat expensive, however, it is well worth the money. My boyfriend and I came here for a fancy last night out in Montreal, and were not disappointed. The menu was well explained in English to us, with suggestions for drinks and meal options.

My boyfriend got the NY Steak and Lobster summer special and said that it was probably the best meal he has ever eaten (and he does not through that phrase or praise out often) and I had the Chicken Teriyaki (I typically do not eat red meat and there was still a nice selection for me to choose from) which was probably the most tender chicken paired with some crisp vegetables and mushrooms. I had a margarita, which was very snappy and great, however a bit overloaded with a salty rim and my boyfriend had two beers, which he loved. This meal was finished with the petite dessert of mango creme brule (even though we were completely full, the food was so good, the desserts were a must try).

One drawback is that they ran out of some of the options by the time we went to eat (Wednesday around 8:30 pm) including a salad that I wanted, which was somewhat disappointing, especially since I did not find out until I went to order.

Overall: Delicious food, great service, somewhat pricy, but totally worth it. I would return and recommend to anyone traveling.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Consistent quality and very good bi-lingual service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We can count on this place for a good steak, cooked to order and nicely grilled shrimp with sides. (The salad was not very original or classic so,THAT could use a re-think.)
They will serve a 1/2 order of ribs which is great for the moderate appetite.
We tried a cheese cake dessert that was very good.
Our party of five were all satisfied, and it's an affordable price range.
Very busy place on a hot summer night. Nice ambiance.

• Visited July 2014