“A wonderful place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Le Grain De Sel

Restaurant Le Grain De Sel
2375 Rue Sainte-Catherine E, Montreal, Quebec H2K 2J5, Canada (Ville-Marie)
(514) 522-5105
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Hamilton, Canada
“A wonderful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

For our first time here. Wow.

Great food and great service. I came with some friends, and they were welcomed to Montreal by staff.

Lots to recommend. We liked the steak tartare. Also tried the bavette and frites. And the boar sausage.

More like a bistro atmosphere, but much to be enjoyed here! Still I think this is Montreal at its best.

On revient.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Montreal, Canada
“Excellent french cuisine and friendly service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had lunch there and felt like friends more than customers. The food was excellent and the wine recommended just a perfect match. Will go back for sure.

Visited September 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Glad I followed the positive reviews as this resto did not disappoint!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I just enjoyed a fantastic meal at Le Grain de Sel. I am always looking for a different menu that offers fresh, local produce - a menu does not need to be extravagant to offer good food. Plates were carefully designed, service was fantastic and we really appreciated that the chef visited the table.
To add - I am a vegetarian and while I did not call in advance (which would have been helpful for them), the chef personally designed a plate for me that was fantastic with great flavours of wild mushrooms.
The deserts sounded and looked fantastic but after an appetizer and a main, I was full.
For the quality of food, the price was VERY reasonable.
I cannot wait for my next trip - and next time I will definitely go for a desert!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Midwest
“Wonderful Dining Experience, Will Repeat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Trip Advisor rank is well-deserved. Enjoyed everything about this place. Will absolutely return here next time in Montreal. Changing menu, unusual and delicious; warm welcome, server showed genuine interest in our experience without hovering. Easy enough to get to from business district by either cab or Metro. Tasty bread, wonderful amuse bouche, fantastic appetizer, a beet salad like no other. Swordfish to die for, interesting bison sausage, the sea salt, pepper, house-made curry ketchup, mustardy corn-uh-mustard and relish nice additions. Licked the dessert plate clean. Server offered to call a cab but we took his dead-on directions back to the Metro station a few short blocks away. All in all, the most successful and enjoyable dining experience in a week of eating out in Montreal. For the food and service, price was very reasonable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Fine dining and terrific service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Terrific Experience that I will most certainly return for in future trips to Montreal! The food was amazing, prices were fair, and the service seemed like we were guests at a home rather than a restaurant. It can be tough to find this, but I will say it is at Grain De Sel. I highly recommend to anyone traveling as a must for dining in Montreal!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere