“High hopes but..” 3 of 5 stars

514-524-2100
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Fonderie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #964 of 4,413 restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Fondue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Boyer
Brisbane, Australia
“High hopes but..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Wanted to try something different but alas, would have been better off going to the best Poutine restaurant next door...service was very mediocre (they had forgotten about our drink order) and the meal is not great value for money..decor leaves a lot to be desired and atmosphere well there wasn't any, sorry peeps will not be returning

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

61% Recommend
montreal
“had a good time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I went at this restaurant with my boyfriend and we really likes it! It was really fun! I red the reviews before going there (i bought a coupon on tuango) and i wasnt disapointed about anything! The food is really good, the ambiance is really nice and the service is perfect. The portions are small though but i think we all have to try this once in our lifetime!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Had an anazing time :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriends went there for dinner and let me tell you, none of us were disapointed for the least! I mean let's face it, we all know that fondue is on the pricy side but it's not something you eat every week anyways.

The 40$ we spent per person (feast) was worth every penny. We started with a cheese fondue, then a ceasar salad with some garlic bread, then the chineese fondue and topped it off with a chocolate fondue. Let me tell you...I couldn't stop saying "Omg" for like 3 hours later, I was ssoo FULL !!!

They even brought you a caraf of water on your table so you could refill your glass as much as you wanted and never once had to ask them to refill it as they were on top of it. Also checked in on us regularly to see if we wanted more potatoes and sauce (all you can eat) but not too much that it becomes annoying.

Everything was litterally perfect from the service to the ambiance with the music and dimmed lights. Everyone around us seemed like they were having a great time, all smilling and enjoying themselves. The waitress was also very open to taking pictures for customers. I can't stop telling everyone how amazing our evening was, we will for sure be returning !!!!!

Oohh only down side is that we paid 11$ of parking for the 3 hours we were there but thats unfortunately everywhere in Montreal when you park :(

Montreal, Canada
“Wild game meat fondue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

It was the only place I could find for wild game meat fondue in Montreal. We were not disappointed, they have a good choice of meat and the quantity is perfect. It maybe an outdated decor but cozy, the waitress was very nice and full ready to answer any questions we had. I made my reservation online and it worked, the only downside is the parking, very hard to find a place since you have to park in the street.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rosemère, Quebec, Canada
“an exceptional evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This was one of the rare nights out my partner and I had without the kids and we decided to drive to town on Rachel street to visit la Fonderie. It was not our first visit , but the first one without kids or firends. What an evening!!! One of the best kept secrets in Montreal. Located on Le plateau (trendy and chic) away from the usual downtown spots, we had a perfect evening. We shared the "Festin" that includes a cheese fondue to start , a chinese fondue including beef, sliced and filet mignon, chiken, and all kinds of seafood. The desert was a chocolate fondue we still talk about. The atmosphere, (on Rachel street with gentle snowfall, the romantic setting, everythiing made it perfect ofr an old couple married 26 years and hard to impress. They have an honest wine selection and service is warm and friendly, not rushed and interested in your story if you have one to tell.
One of my top ranked in Montreal up there with Moishes!!!!

• Visited February 2013