“Truly amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bistro L'entrepont

Bistro L'entrepont
4622 Av De L'hotel-De-Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada (Mile-End)
(514) 845-1369
Improve this listing
Ranked #62 of 4,561 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French, Bistro
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Mile-End
“Truly amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Middle of a residential area. Would never have found it. Had a vie Urbaine coupon and what luck. EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT and great staff with no one telling you that you had to leave in two hours.
Beef Angus with pepper sauce was delicious, husband had Bison which he truly enjoyed. Small place almost like eating in someone's home. Must go.

Visited March 2014

“ABSOLUTELY AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This restaurant is the tiniest bit cosiest place I have ever eaten at. It's 12 tables make you feel like your eating at at friend's house and the service just accentuates that. The meal from soup to dessert was 5 stars all the way. Once the chef had fed everyone for the 6pm seating, he went around to every table how things were and explaining the dishes. You just don't see that anymore. It's a little pricey but we'll worth every dollars. Highly recommended.

Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Genuine French Bistro in Montreal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

During our short visit to Montreal we wanted to visit at least one upscale French bistro. Based on reviews, we chose L'entrepont...a BYOB. The restaurant was located in a very residential section of town, much further from our hotel than we had anticipated. Reservations are expected. We were the only table when we arrived (on a Tuesday evening) and the only customers during our 2-hour dinner. The absence of other customers however does not speak to the quality of the service and food. Our waiter spoke mainly French, but his English was sufficient for us to inquire about the menu (all in French) and the specials. We did the 5-course tasting menu. The soup was rich and filling. I had the seared foie gras and foie terrine. It was excellent. My husband had the escargots which he stated were very good. While I'm not a fan of sorbet as a cleansing course, their sorbet was served in an apple liquor and we tasty and served its purpose. I had the rack of lamb and my husband had to try out the kangaroo. The lamb was beautifully cooked and flavorful. I tried my husband's kangaroo...after all how often to do you see this on any menu It was served braised. I tasted close to a very lean cut of beef. Probably not something I would order again, but was interesting to try. Desserts were only average after having an above average dinner. However, they were presented in a very elegant manner. High marks to the chef and the given the lack of other customers, the undivided attention of our waiter.

Visited September 2013
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Great food, with no attitude”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The food was really wonderful, and the small restaurant was an enormously pleasant place. The biggest treat though was coming in around 8:30, with a group of 6 (all tables are for 2 or 4) and two of these were kids. We were treated so courteously, and were accommodated so well, it was not just a really fabulous meal, but was a lovely experience as well.
I found the restaurant on Trip Advisor, and the experience made me want to write about how absolutely lovely this was.
The housemade gravlax, and and the fresh tuna were delightful. The duck rilette was just perfect, and the soup was a delight.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very nice discovery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

This was quite the expedition... but what treasure did we find!!! I've never tasted such a wonderful goat cheese salad. It was perfect, they didn't drown it in vinaigrette to make it incredibly tasty, best I've ever had. There were a few regulars that seemed to be returning, which is always a good sign. My spouse had the bison and I had the kangourou. The crème brûlée was exquisite. I definitely want to go back

• Visited May 2013