“Very good food and service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Tapas

Casa Tapas
266 Rue Rachel E, Montreal, Quebec h2w 1e6, Canada (Le Plateau Mont-Royal)
(514) 848-1063
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
“Very good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I ate here on our second night of the long weekend visit to Montreal. I ordered the Sea Bass and wife ordered the squid (not fried). We quickly traded, but only because I find all the little bones in the fish annoying - but that's my problem, I should have known better. Both dishes were really very very good. The squid was cooked perfectly - firm, but not at all rubbery. In all, a very enjoyable experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New CIty, New York
“Lots of choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I chose this instead of several other Tapas restaurants as they had the largest selection of non-fish items for my allergic daughter. There were many many choices and we ordered about 1 of everything. It was all very good, although some were better than others. Most of the dishes were so close to being great, but missed slightly.
The waiter recommended an excellent bottle of (relatively) inexpensive Cava after we blanched at the cost of the expensive wines.
He also recommended that for the amount of people we had (5) and the amount of Tapas ordered, we should also order the vegetable paella. We were pretty full after all the Tapas that we barely tasted the paella. it was good, but since we weren't going back to a home base, it went to waste. A shame.

Visited March 2013
“Excellent food + Excellent service = Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Went there with a friend on a Wednesday evening at 6h30pm. Great service from start to finish...waiter very helpful and made good suggestion for wine, explained the different tapas and gave recommendations. Lovely atmosphere, music not too loud. Would definitely go back! Food was amazing!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Amazing tapas ... would definitely go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The food is amazing, the atmosphere good. The prices are quite reasonable given the calibre of the food. We went as a group of 7 and split a bunch of stuff as well as ordered a few more bottles of wine ranging from 50 to 70 dollars and it came to about 60 dollars a person before tip. The service was amazing.
We will definitely go back.

Visited January 2013
toronto
“Great food and outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I had dinner in this restaurant with my wife. The decor is Gaudi inspired. We had 2 tapas, grilled sardines and mushrooms in garlic, a seafood paella and an amzing flan with almonds. Every dish was extremly tasty.
What really impressed me about this restaurant is the service. My wife wanted a glass of pinot noir. They didnt have any. They have an extensive choice of spanish wines. Most of them tempranillos. Thewaitress brought my wife 2 different wines to taste and insisted that she would only serve her a glass once she was 100% satisfied. After trying 4 different wines, my wife eventually found the wine she liked and was served a glass. I had never experienced this kind of service before. I highly recommend this restaurant and kudos to the amazing staff.

• Visited January 2013