“What do you expect?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Buffet Maharaja

Buffet Maharaja
1481 Guy st, Montreal, Quebec, Canada (Ville-Marie)
514-934-0655
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Montreal, Canada
“What do you expect?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Went here with some friends one morning when we were all hung over. Frankly the place is pretty run down, and the food is by no means special. BUT cmon people, you have to handle your expectations. If you walked into this place thinking youd get something great, youre probably the type of person who walks into bad restaurants often.

For a hung over lunch buffet? There was alot of selection, I left full and happy and didnt get sick with a reasonable bill. Good enough for me.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Montreal, Canada
“Stay Away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

ABSOLUTELY THE WORST Indian restaurant I have ever been to. Pakora and Baji were so dry that they shattered like philo pastry when you bit them and required water to get them down. Samosa were burned around the edges. The yogourt sauce seemed to be watered down with something fizzy like club soda. All rices were so over cooked they were like mashed potatoes and the curries were bland. The desserts were abismal. The only think that was passable was the nan bread, but even then, too floury and dry and dampened with something that was not butter.

Shabby decor and unhygenic. The sign on the door said under renovations, but they were yellowed an look like they have been there for some time. I was afraid to venture to the washroom for fear of what I might find.

While there are many dining awards on the doors and walls the most recent was dated 2010. I suspect this place must have changed ownership shortly thereafter and are only surviving based on the reputation of better years.

There are thousands of great restaurants in Montreal, this is not one of them. I highly recommend giving it a pass,.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mississauga, Canada
“Worst experience - Never go here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Me and my gf visit this restaurant. We had a worst experience ever had in canada. Only buffet is option is here. Price is high $20. Ambiance is just ok types. Food quality and varieties are very poor. Felt like 2-3 days old cooked food.
very limited options for Veggie.
Non-veg options are very poor and bad in taste.
I would say don't waste your money..if you really want to have indian food I would say go to Montreal Underground market and try Tandoori restaurant. reasonable rates...good in taste and quality.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Horrible Indian Food-Just Stay Away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I am on business trip to Montreal and in Canada for almost a month now...saw an Indian restaurant on downtown so jumped on the opportunity to get a taste....It is the worse Indian food ever you can have on earth...I mean if it is end of the world and dying from hunger then you should consider eating food from here...I went there with my colleagues around 9:45 pm and restaurant is open till 10:30 pm. Everything in the buffet starting from Tandoori Chicken, Naan were cold and tasteless. I had to ask that if we can get something hot then the waiter made couple of fresh naan for us. Everything else was so bad that it was difficult to choose what to have after the salads. When we raised the food quality question we were told it is closing times so that is why the food is like this. When I now see the reviews here, I can relate to it..

PEOPLE JUST STAY AWAY FROM THIS RESTURANT...

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mississauga, Canada
“Dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This restaurant claims to be halal- I sincerely doubt it is, the waiter staff weren't even sure if it was halal or not!
It was empty and the food looked as though it had been out for a while...