“I go out of my way to find this restaurant every chance I can!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beijing

Beijing
92 de la Gauchetiere West, Montreal, Quebec, Canada (Ville-Marie)
514-861-2003
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Ottawa
“I go out of my way to find this restaurant every chance I can!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My friend took me here after a concert about 10 years ago and now I go out of my way to make a trip to China town on each visit to eat here and take whomever I have with me!

The food is spectacular. I've never had a dish I didn't enjoy and the staff are very pleasant and helpful. On my last visit, I accidently spilt my glass of water over one of the dishes they just served and before I could say "no, it's ok", they had replaced the dish. I felt so bad because. I was going to eat it!

I've gone at all ours, 12pm to 1am and it's always busy. Another good sign!

If you have a real love for Chinese food I wouldn't go anywhere else in Montreal for it!

Visited October 2012

74% Recommend
Montreal, Canada
“Mixed opinion”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Maybe we happened to choose dishes that we wouldn't have liked anywhere else. Our meal wasn't bad but we left disappointed. I had a spring roll while my friend had a chicken and corn soup. The taste of the roll was different from what I am used to but I liked it. The soup, which was supposed to be a small portion, looked like a very big portion to us! It was very good and filling.

As for the entrees, we had ordered three plates. The thai chicken wasn't very spicy, to our liking, but was so salted that it took away any other flavor it could have. The grilled shrimps with ginger and green onions seemed promising. The plate was very generous and the smell of the sauce was enticing. The sauce was as good as we'ld expected but the shrimps didn't raise up to it. Never eaten anything grilled that had that jelly, mushy texture. They have grilled, panned, stri fried and other types of shrimps. I would have ordered differently if I had known. Our third plate, finally, was a treat. We had sesame beef and it was delicious.

In summary, we can't say that the food that we had at the Beijing restaurant was not good. Most wasn't to our liking but, again, maybe we just didn't choose the good plates for us. All in all, with two bowls of steamed rice and two beverages and including taxes and gratuity, the bill came to 70$. Not expensive, especially when considering the quantity of food, but not exactly cheap when you leave with the feeling that perhaps you should have eaten at the hotel.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, BC
“Quick Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

While visiting my brother in Montreal we wanted to meet my niece in Chinatown for lunch and looked for a convenient restaurant with only small step up as my brother used a cane. Found the Beijing restaurant and wasn't disappointed. Parking is very expensive in the Chinatown area so better to get there by metro. We arrived at 11:45am on a Friday and was seated promptly. It was not fancy but very clean. It became very busy by 12:30pm as the lunch crowd arrived. The menu has a good variety and very inexpensive. We choose chicken, beef and shrimp dishes that included spring roll, rice, wonton soup and meat choices all for about $7 per person. Food was very good however we felt obligated to leave as people were waiting. If you want a quick lunch this is great.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Great resto in the middle of Chinatown.
Quick friendly service.
Great hot and sour soup, made to order.
Large portions and great value.

Visited June 2012
UK
“The Best Vakue Chinese in Montreal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

It's encouraging when the majority of the clientel are chinese. Fantastic selection of food and great value. It is so popular that it is sometimes necessary to wait in a line to get a table.
Excellent experience overall.