“le BEST in Montreal” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Europea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 4,554 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Sainte Catherine
Transit: Metro Peel on the green line
Description: Restaurant Europea has become an essential spot on Montreal scene, a gastronomic "rendez-vous" rich in colour and flavour. Flattered by all the gourmet critics, you will share an outstanding experience offered by the creative and modern cuisine of Chef Jerome ferrer and his 22 chefs team. (named chef of the year, restaurant of the year, "maitre cuisinier de France" An unforgetable moment in a charming Victorian mansion in the heart of downtown Montreal ...When the cuisine becomes an art!
Montreal, Canada
“le BEST in Montreal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014 NEW

Europea was the best place to celebrate my husband 80th birthday.

The atmospher ,the food, the setting , the service everything was great (so was the price I have been joking that I would need a morgage to foot the bill) It was well worth it .We dined for more than 3 hours enjoying the food and the presentation they were more than 12 servings on a menu degustation .IT WAS AT LEAST ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Toronto, Canada
“5 Star Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014 via mobile

My experience at European was excellent from start to finish. The service was impeccable and the food was both creative and delicious.
Is the menu expensive? Yes, but I would say you get what you pay for and this restaurant was well worth it.
I would highly recommend Europea to anyone!

Visited December 2014
Perth
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014

This place is near the top of the ratings of restaurants in Montreal for a reason. We ordered the degustation. I really enjoyed how each dish was presented and explained and appreciated the Asian influenced food. Elements from Japanese and other Asian cultures were incorporated into the food which really was a wonderful experience. The service topped it off. I just wish I tipped them more - I didn't know that tipping was customary in Canada like the US...I hope this review makes up for it!!

• Visited October 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ossining, New York
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2014

We went to Europea to celebrate my husband's Birthday, and definitely made the right choice!
Usually we don't try to eat a 12-course meal in one sitting, but for such an occasion a culinary adventure feels just right.
Fortunately for us courses were really small, so we were able to finish it and try many different dishes.
I can only say that both the food and the presentation were outstanding. The flavors took us by surprise, as did clever and unexpected presentation (such as a book.. OK, don't want to ruin the surprise for you). Together with the courses they also serve many amuse-bouches, which contribute to the culinary adventure.
As the courses come, they keep you guessing what will come next and how it will be presented, tantalizing both your palate and imagination. The dinner took 3 hours, but we barely noticed.
Oh, and we received a nice little Birthday touch, and a farewell gift.
Service was fast, helpful and efficient.
I made reservations by email, and got the response right away.
It was certainly the dinner we will never forget.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hong Kong, China
“Disappointing and pretentious”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

went to Europea with my family.Ambience is nice and quite funky. Service:have been to many Relais & Châteaux restaurants in Europe and Europea is a different story. Not classy, service is hasty and no attention to detail is paid. The table is so full with little appetizers and little nibbles that it looks like a buffet. Menu looks nice but flavors are not refined. Parmesan cheese EVERYWHERE even on fish. I understand some interesting combinations can be made but you cannot put parmesan on every meal or just cover flavors with cream. I ordered a tasting menu with rabbit as a main course which was served with a lot of pasta and parmesan. Who serves meat and pasta on the same dish? Bill very expensive and not worth it. Not going back for sure.The idea is that at Europea they try to be exclusive and refined but really the quality of the food isn't a big deal.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere