Stayed here during a conference in July as it was across the street from the convention complex. Checking was a breeze, except they charge a $500 hold in addition to the total owed for your stay. I thought this was crazy, but we had no choice but to pay it.
Embassy Suites is my preferred hotel when traveling and I can say this is the first one I've seen where you can't look down and see the atrium. Being downtown, I guess they could do the circular design they usually use.
We were on the 8th floor and when we walked into our room, we were surprised. The hotel rooms are set up in apartment style. We had a kitchen complete with a full fridge, sink, microwave and full cabinets for storage. While we didn't have dishes, it was nice to have the full fridge to store water and snacks, as we were there for 7 days.
The bathroom was the biggest I've seen from any Embassy. Jacuzzi tub, separate shower, huge sink space and a separate vanity area. We did use the tub after one of our grueling days of sightseeing but mostly used the shower. Even though it looked spacious, it was actually very tight. They also have the toilets with the "1 2" buttons to help conserve water, but only one of our buttons worked. Still a very nice bathroom.
In the living area, there was a sofa sleeper, flat screen TV, electric fire place, and standard desk and chair. They had the accordion doors to separate the living area from the bedroom, which worked great for us, as my teenager stayed up late watching TV and it didn't disturb us at all. The bedroom was a little tight (we had a king bed), but the bed and pillow system was a dream come true. I haven't slept on better pillows that I can ever recall.
One of the down sides to this hotel was the dining. For a hotel this size and in the downtown area, I can't believe they didn't plan for more eating space. If you were not down there early, you pretty much had nowhere to sit. I usually like the omelet station, but these were a little thin so I only got an omelet one time. However, I loved the toast and bagels. The coffee was horrible. Tasted like brown water. I ended up going to the Starbucks up the street to try to get a decent cup of coffee. Happy Hour wasn't very happy either. They did not have enough wait staff and again, table space was lacking. One rainy day we decided to have dinner downstairs during happy hour and we got there pretty early. The waiter tells us they didn't plan on dinner service that day. I asked why since they had a dinner menu and he just strugged and walked away. He finally took our order and the food was good.
The other area that needs improvement is the AC. While we only had a problem one day (we figured out we just needed to reset it) with our AC, the hotel overall was HOT. In the halls, the elevators, and dining area. In the middle of July, that just shouldn't be a problem. Not only was it hot, but it was muggy as well.
Overall, I enjoyed our stay here. Not much they can do about the dining area as there is no room for growth. But hopefully they fix the AC issue. If I every go back, I would stay at this Embassy.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Montreal Hotel
- Embassy Suites Montreal Hotel Montreal
- Montreal Embassy Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embassy Suites is Montréal's newest downtown "Suite" hotel. With a contemporary style, our uniqueness extends to our "Zen" inspired lobby décor featuring wood paneling and ceilings, black granite floors, and an indoor water display. Offering so much more than ordinary rooms, our 455 square-foot studios and 600 square-foot suites are well equipped; many with full kitchens, fireplaces, and "double" Jacuzzis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Embassy Suites Montreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.