“Overpriced and overcrowded” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Montreal

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Montreal to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Montreal
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   208 Saint Antoine Ouest, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 0A6, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Gas and Go Package
Ranked #32 of 168 hotels in Montreal
South Windsor, Connecticut
“Overpriced and overcrowded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

To be fair, the room and location was fantastic. The Hilton beds are top notch and my room came with a hot tub to boot. I also had a kitchen for leftovers and a fireplace to set a relaxing mood.For tourists planning on staying in the Montreal area for multiple days, Embassy is great. It's just a short walk away from many sights and tastes.

I do have some complaints:
- Parking/internet
all pricey
- 2 elevators for the entire hotel... When "suites" are more intended for entire families, how can a hotel like this offer only 2 small elevators? During busy check in times, the entire ground floor is packed full of people with their luggage waiting on the elevators.
- Food area is again small where I couldn't stand to wait for breakfast.

For my trip, I ended up switching hotels as I could not stand to wait for the elevator, then wait for breakfast, then wait again in Montreal traffic in driving to where I needed to go.

The service was really friendly and knew my name in the short 2 days I was there. I was also not charged an early check out fee which is a nice courtesy.

Room Tip: My higher floor did not offer fantastic views as I faced NW. Instead I would have chosen a lower flo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

982 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Just stayed 3 nights at Embassy Suites' Montreal location. It is less than 5 minutes from the Notre Dame (i.e. Old Montreal), and a few minutes walk from the subway. Breakfasts were superb ... so much nicer than the free breakfasts offered by other hotel chains. Rooms are really really nice - in particular the mattresses. This is my "go to" hotel in Montreal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Embassy Suites in November during a combined business / pleasure trip. While this hotel was not convenient at all for where I was working, it was a fantastic location for experiencing Montreal. It is a short walk to Vieux Montreal, which is loaded with restaurants, shopping, museums, etc. My wife easily amused herself during the days when I was at the office and we both enjoyed the city at night and during the weekend.

The rooms are spacious, clean, and modern. The bed was comfortable, with a pillow top mattress and a nice clean comforter. The bathroom provided plenty of room to move around, although the shower was on the small side. The main closet being over by the front door rather than by the bedroom was a little awkward but no big deal. The kitchenette had some handy appliances although we didn't make use of them.

The breakfast buffet supplied a good variety of hot and cold breakfast options. Normally, I'll gravitate toward the lighter options (to avoid gaining too much weight on business travel!). There was plenty to pick from. The only thing I didn't care for were the pastries, which were pretty bland and didn't seem all that fresh. But, there's plenty of other food to keep you amused, so you can easily skip those.

The evening happy hours was a nice touch. Every guest gets a couple tickets for drinks at this event. But, the tickets limit you to the house wine / beer / alcohol selection. The beer is just a normal draft light lager, the alcohol is limited well variety, and the wine ... well ... the red can be a little hard to get down, but the white is drinkable if chilled.

Parking is fairly convenient, as they have their own garage in the basement. Corners are tight and you need to drive down at least 3 levels (everything above that is marked as reserved) so be careful when driving. The rate is about $22 per day. On our checkout day, we asked how long we could stay parked and we were told until 4pm. So, if you want to check out but stay for a while longer in the area, leave your car in the garage rather than leave just to pay for parking somewhere else.

The staff were polite and helpful, especially the concierge who helped us with restaurant choices. Considering the price and location, it would be hard to beat this hotel for a vacation in Montreal.

Room Tip: We were on the back side of the hotel. No view on that side at all, but it was very quiet. I'm...
Albany, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

A lively and busy hotel in a wonderful location. The suite was so very comfortable and ideal for a longer stay than the overnight I had planned. Full kitchen with plenty of storage; indulgent bath plus a separate shower stall.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Sherbrooke, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We visited this hotel last week-end to celebrate our 22nd anniversary. The hotel is fabulous. The room was very spacious, equiped with a full fridge, living room with TV, and fireplace (electric but still...) working desk, huge king bed in a seperate bedroom. The bathroom had a jaccuzzi, a shower, a make-up desk. All in all, it was a very complete, and comfortable suite.

The indoor parking is very easy to access, and while it is expensive ($26 / day), It is worth every penny as the access is simple, and you don't have to drive around to find a spot. It is right underneath the hotel, so you can take the elevator right from there to get to your room. The hotel is located a couple of streets North of the Old Port, and a couple of streets South of St-Catherine. You can get almost anywhere by foot within 10 minutes.

The price of the room includes free breakfast (which is excellent) consisting any kind of eggs you can wish for (you ask how you want them, what you want in your omelettes etc...), pastries, bacon, bagels, toasts, saussages, breakfast potatoes, pancakes, cereals, gruel, fresh fruits... Well, you get the idea! You also get coupons for free drinks between 17h00 and 19h00. 2 drinks per person per day. You can take anything as long as it is not premium (cognac etc), and not blended. So any basic cocktail / beer / wine / sangria are available. It was very nice to enjoy a couple of drinks before going out to diner.

We loved it, and will certainly be back. It is a little more expensive than what you are used to, but considering the free breakfast and drinks, it might be comparable to what you would pay for at a less luxurious hotel.

Hope this helps!

Markham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My best friend and I went to Montreal for a weekend getaway from Toronto and decided to stay at this lovely hotel. It is absolutely beautiful - the rooms were spacious and clean and the hotel was nicely decorated. Our room had a huge king bed, sofa bed, kitchenette and a jacuzzi in the bathroom. Upon check in - the front desk girl was really nice (she had short dark brown hair I forgot her name). She explained everything properly and since I was a diamond hilton member I got some extra drink tickets for the Manager's Reception in the evening. We had a blast at the reception nothing is better than free drinks and some bites to go along with it! The hotel was a great location near the metro and notre dame. We got free breakfast buffet - it was good, however there was too many people at the dinning area kind of hectic. Either than that Im glad we chose this hotel for our stay will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Penn Yan, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Location is perfect, Notre Dame Basilica is just around the corner, and all the great sights in Old Montreal within easy walking distance. We walked downtown from here too, all the way to McGill, but the metro is easily accessed. I liked the parking too - you have to pay everywhere so you might as well have your parking accessed by elevator and zip up to your room, nice. The staff was incredibly friendly - we were running VERY late for our dinner reservation when we arrived at the hotel after a long drive - Mike the concierge called the restaurant for us and even walked us to the place since we were not quite acclimated to our location. He grabbed his coat and said, "come on, I'll walk you there..." - how nice! While we enjoyed our lovely dinner at Chez Delmo (great place to eat), Mike took our luggage to our room. The free breakfast is very good - made to order omlets are good, but it gets busy of course on the weekends, as does the cocktail hour. But both save you money and if you have a good attitude, are really quite fine. Only downside - we were on the 6th floor and still heard some street noise in the AM. Would definitely go back and appreciate the fine staff there, from the front desk to the bar/restaurant - all had smiles and great attitudes. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor away from the vending machine.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites Montreal? Share your experiences!