My wife and I stayed at the Embassy Suites in November during a combined business / pleasure trip. While this hotel was not convenient at all for where I was working, it was a fantastic location for experiencing Montreal. It is a short walk to Vieux Montreal, which is loaded with restaurants, shopping, museums, etc. My wife easily amused herself during the days when I was at the office and we both enjoyed the city at night and during the weekend.
The rooms are spacious, clean, and modern. The bed was comfortable, with a pillow top mattress and a nice clean comforter. The bathroom provided plenty of room to move around, although the shower was on the small side. The main closet being over by the front door rather than by the bedroom was a little awkward but no big deal. The kitchenette had some handy appliances although we didn't make use of them.
The breakfast buffet supplied a good variety of hot and cold breakfast options. Normally, I'll gravitate toward the lighter options (to avoid gaining too much weight on business travel!). There was plenty to pick from. The only thing I didn't care for were the pastries, which were pretty bland and didn't seem all that fresh. But, there's plenty of other food to keep you amused, so you can easily skip those.
The evening happy hours was a nice touch. Every guest gets a couple tickets for drinks at this event. But, the tickets limit you to the house wine / beer / alcohol selection. The beer is just a normal draft light lager, the alcohol is limited well variety, and the wine ... well ... the red can be a little hard to get down, but the white is drinkable if chilled.
Parking is fairly convenient, as they have their own garage in the basement. Corners are tight and you need to drive down at least 3 levels (everything above that is marked as reserved) so be careful when driving. The rate is about $22 per day. On our checkout day, we asked how long we could stay parked and we were told until 4pm. So, if you want to check out but stay for a while longer in the area, leave your car in the garage rather than leave just to pay for parking somewhere else.
The staff were polite and helpful, especially the concierge who helped us with restaurant choices. Considering the price and location, it would be hard to beat this hotel for a vacation in Montreal.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Montreal Hotel Montreal
- Embassy Suites Montreal Hotel
- Montreal Embassy Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embassy Suites is Montréal's newest downtown "Suite" hotel. With a contemporary style, our uniqueness extends to our "Zen" inspired lobby décor featuring wood paneling and ceilings, black granite floors, and an indoor water display. Offering so much more than ordinary rooms, our 455 square-foot studios and 600 square-foot suites are well equipped; many with full kitchens, fireplaces, and "double" Jacuzzis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Priceline, Olotels, Hotwire and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Montreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.