“Unique sushi menu and delicious!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #543 of 4,554 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
“Unique sushi menu and delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stumbled upon sushi taxi was walking on the street. We looked at the menu and were intrigued with the unusual menu selection and decided to have dinner there. We sat utside and Audrey, our server was wonderful and recommended several great dishes. The best one was the calamari, which was so good we had to order another one. After the mean, Audrey came by and gave they kids a toy each which made their evening very special. Thanks Audrey for the personal touch!

Sushi taxi is one of the best sushi we have had and we would definitely go back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Brussels, Belgium
“Avoid Take-Away!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Sushi is for me synonymous of freshness … was not the case this evening!
Picking up some sushi #sushitaxi tonight I was left aside as the restaurant and terrace were packed. After waiting and waiting I was told that the only thing they could offer me was a pre-packed box to take away … the experience was not the best, some of the rolls had a strong spring onions smell and the dip fried roll was far from being crunchy.
Bad luck, maybe … but we will not return.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Julie L, Responsable relations clients at Sushi Taxi, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear CG_7204

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our X store on Trip Advisor. Your comments were sharp and precise. Rest assured that we have taken note of these remarks in order to enhance our customer experience (we do that systematically). Please know that we will conduct a follow-up with our team in order to prevent this situation from happening again.

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Montreal, Canada
“Avoid delivery”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Let's start by saying we love sushis, and order some 2 to 3 times a month.
We knew about Sushi Taxi from a trip in Tremblant, and were thrilled by the fact they were to open their first Montreal restaurant close to our place.
The food is quite good, as you should expect considering their prices are about 30% higher than most places. Still, the quality is there.
What killed us was the $4.50 delivery charge, which we agreed on considering we were too lazy to go out (I usually tip about $3 anyway, so I thought it wasn't that much more expensive). Upon arrival though, the delivery guy waited for his tip and told me it was not included. I have worked in the hospitality industry for almost 20 years now, and I thought it was quite rude of him to ask more than the fixed delivery charge but anyway, I tipped on top.
So: if you want to eat in and splurge, go there, it's good. If you want sushis delivered to your place, order from Sushi Pro on Centre (only a few blocks away): you will get similar quality for half the price (I am serious, I compared the cost of the 2 dinners on my credit card receipt before to write this review: Sushi Pro dinner = $28 delivered, Sushi Taxi delivered = $55)

Dear 3rdPliiow,

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Montreal
“Pretty darn good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I've ordered takeout a few times and have been very happy with the sushi. The rolls are atypical and a welcome change from the "usual". My friend recently joined me and couldn't stop talking about how different the sushi was! My only wish is that the wait time for ordering was shorter. It's super convenient to order online but if you don't get the "Shogun" (chef's special) the wait from order to pick-up is 90 minutes! This seems long to me...but I've never been disappointed with the quality...and since I live in the neighborhood, I'll definitely order again.

Visited June 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Ordered in.....Best sushi delivery in the area A+”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I was dying for Sushi the other night and was lazy to leave the house. I ordered in and it was fantastic. It did not take to long to be delivered, the web-site was VERY easy to use and more importantly the food was great :)

Would recommend this to either eatin or order to any friend or family member who asked!

• Visited June 2014