“Do not stay at his hotel unless you want a smelly room that has no facilities whatsoever ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Villa

You added Hotel Villa to your Saves list
Hotel Villa
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   57 Sainte-Catherine Est, Montreal, Quebec H2X 1K5, Canada (Quartier des Spectacles)   |
Offers & Announcements
Take an extra 10% off!
Ranked #122 of 162 Hotels in Montreal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What you get on the website compared to what you get in real is miles apart. We were stuck at the top of the hotel which is basically a building site. I had to climb over plasterboard to get to the most disgusting shared bathroom I have ever seen. The photos for this hotel are very cleverly done, because he rooms are disgusting. I have stayed in places in the middle of Africa that are nicer and cleaner than this hotel. I have asked to move room as we are sleeping next to a building site where the builders decided to commence work early this morning. Although by the other reviews every room is the same. Considering we paid well over $200 for these rooms they are certainly not worth it and make you feel grimy. The curtains don't even cover the windows and the stench of the room is beyond me. Not a very good stay here !!!

Stayed April 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

No hot water. The drawers were broken. The bathrooms had a really bad odor. There was too much noise of the elvator over night. Yes the hotel was cheap but not worth it. However the service by the employees was nice.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2015

Three sets of couples stayed here for one night in October 2014. We were going to the hockey game and going out after.

Check in was not too bad although slow. Two of three rooms were ready. They were not on the same floor as requested. When the third room was ready, it wasn't actually cleaned. Our friends told front desk and they had it cleaned. I know we wernt paying much for the rooms but some type of compensation would have been nice.

The rooms were clean, our bathrooms as well. There is no phone or screens in the windows. Depending on the room they were a fair size. If you are a light sleeper this isn't the spot for you. We could hear people on the streets still at 5 am.

The one thing that I didn't like was the fact that even though we had keys for our rooms, you had to ring bell to get in at night. This wouldn't be such a huge problem but the gentleman at the desk looked annoyed any time we went in or out. They also accused us of having more people than stated in the rooms. We had three rooms, two in each which I explained several times.
Don't use the elevator..it's kind of sketchy.
For something cheap just to rest your head then this place is fine but next time I'm in Montreal I will splurge a bit more for the hotel.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2015

I originally was a little concerned by the surrounding businesses, but that was quickly put to rest. I stayed here for 6 nights and couldn't have been more happy. The Front desk staff was so willing to speak English, and got us checked in at 9 am. I would totally stay here again! Some people are raising questions of cleanliness, but I think this is a very safe and clean hotel. Honestly, you get what you pay for. I brought my own extra pillow and blanket (I was expecting a hostel). The cleaning staff really does an excellent job.

Room Tip: Corner room had a nice bathroom!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2015

Upon Arrival The Man Who Works At The Reception Talk So Slow And Keep Repeating Himself For Hours and Insisted on Seeing Our Passport,Weird,Why ? (to make Copy?) We Did Not Carry Anny Passport Since We Were From Canada, Then He Made Up A Weird Story about Some One With The Same First Name as me who Work For Imigration and Apparently Also Rented There with Same Last name As Me, Bullock..
All That Non Sense Even If I Had Book Before And Was Showing Him My Reservation Number and My Reservation Sheet Was Right There Ready and He Was just Making Up Weird Story, Weird Man.

if you can put up with this guy at the moment you check in then its ok .

other problem was being lock outside at 5am and unable to Re Enter The Hotel and ringing the bell to return inside for 15 minutes Left outside in the cold Wich was Frustrating scary and frightening not being shure if we would be stuck outside like dogs or if some one would Finaly Come and open us The hotel Door? And The Man Sweair and cuss
(even if you have hotel keys you cant Unlock That Door and Come inside The Hotell)
No Phone in Room, and No Bathroom in Room

The Only Good Things is The Cheap price,But The Staff is Mean.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Erin, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2015

Stayed in Hotel Villa for two nights, great location and the rooms are definitely a lot nicer than reviewers were making them out to be, though the heater is kind of useless. Also the walls are thin, but it wasn't a problem for us. Bed is nice, bathroom is spacious, water runs amazing. VERY clean despite what others are saying. Also cheap, which is a definite plus given the location. Honestly I would recommend Hotel Villa for people on a budget who don't need the Hilton to have a good time.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2015 via mobile

Short and sweet:
I've stayed in hostels so much nicer and cleaner than this. Old and run down rooms/overall hotel. Heater is useless, rooms are cold. Do not use the elevator at all! Linen is questionable and wouldn't recommend using the bed cover which doesn't help when the room is cold! Rooms do have a fridge which is pointless with no other amenities. Iron available with no place to iron. No hair dryer available just incase that is assumed. Wifi is good.
Location is the only good part

• Stayed January 2015

Been to Hotel Villa? Share your experiences!