“Fantastic food , a true (magic) window to Kaboul” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fenetre Sur Kaboul

Fenetre Sur Kaboul
901 Rue Rachel Est, Montreal, Quebec H2J2J2, Canada (Le Plateau Mont-Royal)
+1 514-522-6851
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 4,416 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Afghan
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
“Fantastic food , a true (magic) window to Kaboul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My wife and I had a really nice dinner in this wonderful restaurant with friendly and attentive service. Do not miss it if you go to Montreal.

Boston
“Excellent Afghan Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My husband and I ate at Fenetre Sur Kaboul when visiting Montreal over the 4th of July weekend. We were delighted with the wonderful food and the welcoming staff. We ordered the fragrant seasoned lamb with and a veal dish. Both were excellent. It was the most tender lamb I've ever eaten, seasoned with aromatic herbs. The veal was cooked in a spicy red sauce and was also very good. We also got a little dish of marinated/pickled vegetables that was very tasty. Our waiter brought us 2 more bowls of the veggies after we quickly consumed the first one. He very kindly sent us home with a to-go container of them too.
The Afghan ice cream was perfectly flavored with pistachio but the cream horn pastries were to die for. I'd go back just to have those cream horn pastries!!!
We will definitely go back here again next time we are in Montreal

• Visited July 2014
Saratoga Springs, New York
“mikesara”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This was our first visit to Montreal and this restaurant and it was a wonderful experience! The ambiance was warm and very well appointed, clean and neat. The service superior; the owner personally greeted us and explained about the items on the menu. The food arrived timely and was delicious. My wife had soup and an eggplant appetizer and I had a beef dish and both were perfect portions for us. I highly recommend this restaurant and plan to return on our next trip. There was nothing negative about our experience and enjoyed it thoroughly. Thank you.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great treat for a tourist”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Fenetre sur Kaboul was recommended to my friends and I during our trip to Montreal. We came on a busy Saturday night but were accommodated quickly by very friendly staff. My friends had never had Afghan food and didn't know what to order but our waiter made excellent recommendations. For appetizers we ordered bolani, mantu, badengan borani (eggplant) and shor nakhot with pakora (their special of the weekend.) Everyone enjoyed the appetizers. We then ordered Kaboul Kabob (a combination of three different Kabobs: Lamb, Chicken, and beef.) It was an amazing plate! We also ordered a "curiosity plate" with samples of several different dishes. This was a very good idea because everything on the plate was delicious. Their serving sizes are generous. Then we moved to their Tea lounge for dessert and tea. We ordered their homemade Afghan ice cream, "Sheer yakh", and it was amazing. We also ordered some creme rolls that went perfectly with tea.
I highly recommend this restaurant. We will definitely visit again when we are in Montreal.

Reykjavik, Iceland
“A great recommendation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We are in Montreal for a short visit and wanted to try something different. We were told about this new restaurant and decided to give it a try. We ordered two different mixed platters - Kaboul Kabob and Curiosity and the three of us shared them. Everything was delicious - hard to pick a favorite. The service and atmosphere were outstanding, and to round off the evening we had tea and coffee in their comfortable tea room. A little off the beaten path, but well worth the few blocks from St. Denis to experience a truly great family-run restaurant. Would recommend it highly!