“Lots of fun!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Saute-Moutons / Lachine Rapids Jet Boat Tours

Saute-Moutons / Lachine Rapids Jet Boat Tours
1 Quai de l'Horloge | Depart Vieux-Port, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 2C6, Canada (Ville-Marie)
514-284-9607
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 167 Activities in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the best thing to do at Montreal. Wet,Wild and wonderful.L'une des meilleurs attractions a Montreal. Montreal c'est nous.
Ottawa, Ontario
42 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

My friend and I made reservations for this tour a few days in advance and took the trip in July 2010. The dock was a little hard to find as the map on the site is not the most detailed, but we ended up making it on time. They WILL ask you to be at the dock 45 minutes in advance and I suggest that you do They have bathrooms, changing rooms and lockers on site. They will also let you pay with Credit cards, debit or cash. It cost us $65 per person.

The presentation was made by an older man and I must say we found him to be quite "special". He was rude to the staff, bossing them around in front of us and then rolling his eyes. He also tried to make jokes but seriously, no one was laughing and everybody just wanted him to get to the point. They will provide you with water-shoes, a body-suit, a sweater, a life jacket and wind-jacket but the staff seemed to be confused and they kept telling us the opposite from each other. One would tell us we didn't need to sweater, others would tell us we did... and they were all rough in their way of speaking.

Our tour guide on the boat was very nice, bilingual and fun. It takes 15 minutes to get to the rapids and in those 15 minutes, the tour guides will explain a few things about the bridges and the things we pass. I've learned a thing or two about Montreal. You will spend about 30 minutes in the rapids. The rapids are pretty impresive and so are the boats. You will get a LOT of water in yoru face and will get COMPLETELY wet. It can also be quite rough on your back so people with major back or enck problems should think twice about doing this activity. People who are scared of water should NOT do this activity either.

We were told that the body suit would protect our clothes from getting wet, but this was NOT the case. You will NEED a change of clothes and you will need a towel.

They gave us hot chocolate at the end of the tour to warm us up as well as plastic bags to put our wet clothes in.

I would have given this activity a 5* had it not been for the rude staff.

Tip: If you sit at the front of the boat, you will get lots of water in your face. If you sit at the back of the boat, you will have water up to your waste. I suggest sitting at the front rather than at the back. You get more of the experience.

Tamaroa, Illinois
11 attraction reviews
“A Fabulous Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

We were just in town for a short while but definitely wanted to take this tour. The staff was very accomodating. They explained everything to us in English and also French so that we all would understand. We felt very safe the entire time. The driver of the boat made this trip exciting. He knew just when and where to go to hit the waves. Yes, you will definitely get wet! Everyone on our boat was having a blast. Not only was the ride great but it was good to hear the laughter and screaming of joy from the participants. I would definitely recommend it to all.

Alexandria
“An Absolute Must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

This is a "must do" activity in Montreal. The crew is amazing and the ride is pure fun! The land staff do an excellent job of preparing you for the adventure and answering any questions. The tour guide and driver also do an fantastic job of preparing you for the rapids and pointing out some Montreal attractions along the way. There is absolutely no hope of staying dry so be sure to bring a change of clothes. Other than that, sit back and enjoy the exciting, watery ride!

Thanks Saute-Mouton for for an excellent ride!

Littleton, Colorado
“Would not recommend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

I wish I hadn't spent so much money on this. The aim of this tour is to get you drenched, and not much else. Based on the reviews, I thought it would be more fun, but really you have to keep your head down as the waves hit, can't really see where you're going, and don't get that riding the waves thrill (like you would in whitewater rafting). I was prepared to get soaked, and the cold water didn't bother me, but what I was unprepared for was the wall of water crashing onto me. I was more concerned about positioning my head so I could breathe than I was about having fun. (Perhaps I shouldn't have been in the second row from the front, but I didn't know better...and the guides didn't ask.) Really if you want to know what this is like, have someone throw 2 gallons of water at your face...about 20 times.

The ride to and from the rapids was the best part, and the only reason I'm giving this 2 stars. As my first time in Montreal, however, I'd rather have spent the $65 to go on a sightseeing jet / boat tour instead.

nbwieds@aol.com
“Absolute "must do" while in Montreal!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

I am the other sister from SSP Minnesota. This was absolutely so much fun. The people that work for Saute-Moutons really prepare you for the "ride of your life!" Four or five layers of clothing to keep you warm. As they kept telling us, "You will get wet." Actually, you will get soaked down to your undergarments. Just a blast!! I would highly recommend it.