“Terrible experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Saute-Moutons / Lachine Rapids Jet Boat Tours

Saute-Moutons / Lachine Rapids Jet Boat Tours
1 Quai de l'Horloge | Depart Vieux-Port, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 2C6, Canada (Ville-Marie)
514-284-9607
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 167 Activities in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the best thing to do at Montreal. Wet,Wild and wonderful.L'une des meilleurs attractions a Montreal. Montreal c'est nous.
St. John's, Canada
“Terrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I got on this ride expecting a fast paced ride OVER the rapids, but that was certainly not the case. They put me in the front row without asking how comfortable I was with water and after the first run over the rapids, I had inhaled some water and was feeling terrible and couldn't breath very well. The people in the front row are literally under water at times and that definitely is not advertised beforehand.

Before leaving, they tell you to pat your head repeatedly for assistance; I did this after I felt I could not take another set of rapids and I was initially ignored and had to endure another run through the rapids. After that I patted my head like there was no tomorrow and they finally moved me back.

If I knew that the ride was this extreme, I would have never went on it. Be aware that this can be a terrible experience if you are not comfortable in the water! I honestly feel like I almost drowned. A truly terrible experience. I feel like the workers should react much quicker to somebody patting their head. I am sure they saw me the first time and didn't take me seriously. My friend in the second row had a similar experience.

Hartford, CT
9 attraction reviews
“A great outing on the St. Lawrence River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

My husband and I took the jet boat tour up the rapids. We made a reservation which I recommend doing. The location on the dock was easy to find. They have a good system to suit you up and get you in the boat. The actual boat ride was very beautiful and fun. A couple of things you should know that they don't really tell you in advance. You will get wet from head to toe and they do tell you to bring a change of clothes. They give you a locker for a backpack. There are pouches on the boat to put your eyeglasses. They also give you water booties in addition to the windbreaker for the boat ride. I wish I'd known that I did not have to bring a second pair of shoes with me to change into after the ride since we lugged all the wet clothes back to the hotel with us plus the second pair of shoes we didn't need. Overall, a well run operation and tons of fun. We certainly got a perspective of the city and the river that we would not have had otherwise. I would do it again.

Visited August 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
8 attraction reviews
“A real blast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This is something that you probably have never done but will be one of the highlights of your trip to Montreal. The company is very experienced and know they what they are doing. They provide all of the necessary clothing that you'll need. It takes 20 minutes to get to the rapids and then the fun begins.

Visited August 2014
Czech Rpublic
20 attraction reviews
“Unforgettable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have nevr experienced somethimg like this. The guides were very helpful and experienced. Highly reccommend the attraction, though to choose the hot day is a good idea because you´ll get very, very wet. Except for a lot of fun during the ride, you´ll see some nice things around - small islands with birds and silhouette of the Downtown. And when you finish, it´s nice to have a walk and look at the Lachine Canal which was built for the ships to avoid the dangerous rapids.

Visited July 2014
Westchester
6 attraction reviews
“The best wettest fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Made a reservation for Sunday morning. Get the coupon off the site. Well worth the money. You must like water for this ride. You get a jumpsuit polar fleece life preserver and then a rain poncho and boots. Explanations in language of choice. Get in the boat and hold on. Beautiful ride to rapids and then hold on. Yes you will get wet wetter and wettest. Hold on tight. It was a blast and yup i drank some water. What fun. Then afterwards u sit on the st lawrence then cut off the engines and you float listening to water and birds. You get a quick guide of the bridges around. Come back. Change clothes. Yes all of them. They leave you with a hot chocolate. Nice touch. Note I was not cold in the water. Important for some of us cold people. I stopped in Montreal just for this ride. Highly recommended

Visited July 2014