“A small but very good hotel in a downtown location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Dauphin Montreal Downtown

Save Saved
You added Hotel Dauphin Montreal Downtown to your Saves list
Hotel Dauphin Montreal Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1025 de Bleury Street, Montreal, Quebec H2Z 1M7, Canada (Ville-Marie)   |
Ranked #28 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
New Hampshire
“A small but very good hotel in a downtown location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel is relatively small , but very clean with modern furniture and fittings .Bathrooms were up to date with hair dryers etc . Breakfast was a buffet with a variety of food , nothing cooked .
Free Wi Fi , reasonable underground parking with good walkable access to Old Montreal , downtown and the metro stations.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Edmundston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is my second stay at this hotel. I love it. It is very small but the rooms are large with dust free hardwood floors. Free access to WIFI is a big plus, however we did loose the signal for a few seconds now and then. The beds are comfortable. The breakfast has a good variety of breads and fruits. I really enjoyed the automatic espresso and cappuccino machine. This time I parked under the hotel, but it is tiny and can only hold 7 cars. The last time, I parked at the convention centre a couple of minute walk from there. So drop of your bags before you park if you need to go to the convention center.

Friendly staff and high security (need room cards for elevator).

I will go again. I gave 4 stars mainly for the parking issue.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ottawa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

what i didn't like
- flaky wireless internet. Would slow down to the point that I could not load gmail.
- hardwood floors

- very quiet

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My fiance and I were in town for a visit to the US Consulate. This hotel was a 5 minute walk away, and relatively inexpensive, so we chose it based on that, and the reviews I've read.

The hotel is right downtown, and is a quick walk to St. Catherine and shopping, as well as to Old Montreal and Notre Dame. It's a perfect location for a tourist, I would say.

The hotel itself was 9 storeys, I believe, and our room was very spacious. We were on the second floor, and at first I was worried about being too close to the elevator, but we didn't hear anything at all. The rooms are very nicely decorated. I *love* the hardwood floors. There's a giant TV, plus a personal computer with internet access in every room (which was nice, because we didn't bring our laptops with us), so it's convenient to look up maps on a large screen instead of a smartphone.

The bathroom was nice - shower was gorgeous and modern. Toiletries were pretty good, too!

When we checked in, we paid $20 in advance for 24 hours of parking at the Palais Des Congres, which was basically right next door (but to drive there, you have to make a bit of a loop, because of the 1-way streets).

The breakfast was pretty good. Our appointment at the consulate was early in the morning, so we didn't get to see it right at the start of the day, but we were back before it was over, and it was still well-stocked.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to any travellers looking for a hotel in downtown Montreal. Check the deal sites (expedia, travelocity, etc) for a better rate if possible. We booked right through the hotel site, and it came to $184 after taxes and parking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We took train to Montreal so we wanted to stay somewhere near the Station. It turns out the hotel is very centrally located with walking distance to old town, central shopping areas and even the Beau Art Museum de Montreal. Hotel was modern, efficient, clean and spacious. Continental breakfast was also sufficient, with several kinds of bread, yogurt, fruits and boiled egg. Overall great value for the money and would highly recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Dauphin when attending a conference. The conference centre (Palais des Congres de Montreal) was almost next door so that was great, and the Hotel is essentially on the edge of the old town and downtown so it was an easy walk to pretty much everything I wanted. Plenty of restaurants and places for a drink within 10 minutes walk.
The Hotel itself is reasonably basic, but the rooms are very comfortable, modern, clean and it is quiet. Fine for a business trip. There is even a computer in your room which you can access the internet from for free, but I struggled getting it off the French language setting. There is the usual tea and coffee complimentary but with the bonus of coffee bags being let down by having to use powdered creamer.
Breakfast is self serve in the small dinning room with basic cereals, bread, pastries, yogurt and fruit available. More than enough to fill you up if you like things reasonably simple. The coffee is from a machine as well and passable, just.
If you want to stay in the same area with more luxury etc. the Intercontinental is only 2 minutes away on foot so has all the advantages of the location. It is 5 star so it is naturally going to offer more but I suspect at a greater price ( I did not compare prices myself).
All in all I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Dauphin and I think it is more than adequate for a business trip, but if you are on holiday and looking for a bit more then perhaps you should consider other options. I did feel let down by the breakfast, particularly the coffee. It is a good hotel with good staff, I would give it a 3.5 if I could. Above average but not quite what I would rate as very good. For the review I'm going to round the rating up.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Rehovot, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The hotel has a good location in the center of Montreal - it's within short walking distance to China Town (east), to the Festival Place in the modern center (north), and within a longer walking distance to the old town (Place d'Youville, south) and to the Cathedrale Marie Reine du Monde (west). Right in the center, which allows you to walk a lot around the city.
Although there are many parking places on the street, they are all for a limited time, with meters. You can use the hotel parking for 20$ per day, but take into account that the parking is very small and the space there is limited. The parking is located in a small garage on a parallel street.
Staff is very friendly and speak English fluently. Though I should say that the restaurants they recommended us weren't so good (one was even very bad).
The room was clean and good. We stayed at room 101. The bathroom was big. The shower head was hand held. There were too few electrical sockets in the room and they weren't conveniently located.
They have free good wi-fi, and there is also a table computer in each room - its softwares are not updated (to protect it from viruses), but it was nice to use a normal computer during a long trip.
Concerning breakfast we had 2 different experiences - it was missing an omlette, but in our first day, there was plenty of other stuff to eat. There were hard boiled eggs, sweet beans, 2 sorts of cheddar cheese, good bagles, philadelphia cheese, croissants, cereal, jams, honey and good coffee. However on our 2nd breakfast there, we were diappointed to find out that foods which were finished, weren't being replentied. So there were no more bagels and other stuff we liked to eat in the first day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Dauphin Montreal Downtown? Share your experiences!