“Love the hardwood!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Dauphin Montreal Downtown

You added Hotel Dauphin Montreal Downtown to your Saves list
Hotel Dauphin Montreal Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1025 de Bleury Street, Montreal, Quebec H2Z 1M7, Canada (Quartier International)   |
Ranked #22 of 162 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto, Canada
“Love the hardwood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My fiance and I were in town for a visit to the US Consulate. This hotel was a 5 minute walk away, and relatively inexpensive, so we chose it based on that, and the reviews I've read.

The hotel is right downtown, and is a quick walk to St. Catherine and shopping, as well as to Old Montreal and Notre Dame. It's a perfect location for a tourist, I would say.

The hotel itself was 9 storeys, I believe, and our room was very spacious. We were on the second floor, and at first I was worried about being too close to the elevator, but we didn't hear anything at all. The rooms are very nicely decorated. I *love* the hardwood floors. There's a giant TV, plus a personal computer with internet access in every room (which was nice, because we didn't bring our laptops with us), so it's convenient to look up maps on a large screen instead of a smartphone.

The bathroom was nice - shower was gorgeous and modern. Toiletries were pretty good, too!

When we checked in, we paid $20 in advance for 24 hours of parking at the Palais Des Congres, which was basically right next door (but to drive there, you have to make a bit of a loop, because of the 1-way streets).

The breakfast was pretty good. Our appointment at the consulate was early in the morning, so we didn't get to see it right at the start of the day, but we were back before it was over, and it was still well-stocked.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to any travellers looking for a hotel in downtown Montreal. Check the deal sites (expedia, travelocity, etc) for a better rate if possible. We booked right through the hotel site, and it came to $184 after taxes and parking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We took train to Montreal so we wanted to stay somewhere near the Station. It turns out the hotel is very centrally located with walking distance to old town, central shopping areas and even the Beau Art Museum de Montreal. Hotel was modern, efficient, clean and spacious. Continental breakfast was also sufficient, with several kinds of bread, yogurt, fruits and boiled egg. Overall great value for the money and would highly recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Dauphin when attending a conference. The conference centre (Palais des Congres de Montreal) was almost next door so that was great, and the Hotel is essentially on the edge of the old town and downtown so it was an easy walk to pretty much everything I wanted. Plenty of restaurants and places for a drink within 10 minutes walk.
The Hotel itself is reasonably basic, but the rooms are very comfortable, modern, clean and it is quiet. Fine for a business trip. There is even a computer in your room which you can access the internet from for free, but I struggled getting it off the French language setting. There is the usual tea and coffee complimentary but with the bonus of coffee bags being let down by having to use powdered creamer.
Breakfast is self serve in the small dinning room with basic cereals, bread, pastries, yogurt and fruit available. More than enough to fill you up if you like things reasonably simple. The coffee is from a machine as well and passable, just.
If you want to stay in the same area with more luxury etc. the Intercontinental is only 2 minutes away on foot so has all the advantages of the location. It is 5 star so it is naturally going to offer more but I suspect at a greater price ( I did not compare prices myself).
All in all I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Dauphin and I think it is more than adequate for a business trip, but if you are on holiday and looking for a bit more then perhaps you should consider other options. I did feel let down by the breakfast, particularly the coffee. It is a good hotel with good staff, I would give it a 3.5 if I could. Above average but not quite what I would rate as very good. For the review I'm going to round the rating up.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DrScotto
Rehovot, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The hotel has a good location in the center of Montreal - it's within short walking distance to China Town (east), to the Festival Place in the modern center (north), and within a longer walking distance to the old town (Place d'Youville, south) and to the Cathedrale Marie Reine du Monde (west). Right in the center, which allows you to walk a lot around the city.
Although there are many parking places on the street, they are all for a limited time, with meters. You can use the hotel parking for 20$ per day, but take into account that the parking is very small and the space there is limited. The parking is located in a small garage on a parallel street.
Staff is very friendly and speak English fluently. Though I should say that the restaurants they recommended us weren't so good (one was even very bad).
The room was clean and good. We stayed at room 101. The bathroom was big. The shower head was hand held. There were too few electrical sockets in the room and they weren't conveniently located.
They have free good wi-fi, and there is also a table computer in each room - its softwares are not updated (to protect it from viruses), but it was nice to use a normal computer during a long trip.
Concerning breakfast we had 2 different experiences - it was missing an omlette, but in our first day, there was plenty of other stuff to eat. There were hard boiled eggs, sweet beans, 2 sorts of cheddar cheese, good bagles, philadelphia cheese, croissants, cereal, jams, honey and good coffee. However on our 2nd breakfast there, we were diappointed to find out that foods which were finished, weren't being replentied. So there were no more bagels and other stuff we liked to eat in the first day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Quebec City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Everything was perfect. Great location just by MTL Congress Centre and at a walking distance of almost everything!

The matresses are a bit hard but I slept very well. The hotel was very quiet and I enjoyed the free continental breakfest. Well priced hotel and good value.

• Stayed November 2012
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My first stay in Montreal was fantastic and the Hotel Dauphin contributed to a really great trip. The hotel was priced inexpensively, but the reviews seemed overwhelmingly positive so I booked accordingly. I was never disappointed. The rooms are modern, clean and well-equipped with cable TV, iPod radio, free wi-fi, refrigerator, two bottles of complimentary water per day and desktop computer for added convenience. There is an in-room coffee maker, but the complimentary breakfast downstairs included a self-serve espresso machine which was strong enough to replace buying a coffee. The breakfast itself is average with bread and fruit options but saves a meal out in a city where dining is expensive. After breakfast, a venture outside is easy and Old Montreal is easily accessible by walking. The location felt safe given the proximity to Old Montreal, but Downtown Montreal is close as well. Overall this is an outstanding value as the reviews suggest and I would book again upon returning to Montreal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Quebec city, Quebec
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed there with a large group of coworkers for a convention nearby (this hotel is very close to Montreal's Palais des congres).

Rooms have recently been updated they're large and feature laminate wood flooring, I was on the 1st floor and the ceiling was very high giving this room a very airy feel. The bathroom was very nice too with a glass and ceramic shower.

The only gripes I had with this hotel is the sub-par complimentary breakfast it's nothing terrible but nowadays most chains offer nicer choices. The second problem we encountered is with the heating system, I went there in November, outside temperature was about 3 degrees and they left the heating system turned off, just like in summer. Although we tried to adjust the settings in our rooms we were unable to get the temperature to rise above 19 degrees.. Not comfortable at all

Many complained but noone at the front desk seemed to understand what was going on, no apologies were offered for the discomfort either.

It's not a bad hotel but you have a lot of other options in the area, if your budget allows for it, I'd personally go to the nearby brand new Westin hotel.

• Stayed November 2012