“Good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Dauphin Montreal Downtown

You added Hotel Dauphin Montreal Downtown to your Saves list
Hotel Dauphin Montreal Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1025 de Bleury Street, Montreal, Quebec H2Z 1M7, Canada (Quartier International)   |
Ranked #21 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Rehovot, Israel
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The hotel has a good location in the center of Montreal - it's within short walking distance to China Town (east), to the Festival Place in the modern center (north), and within a longer walking distance to the old town (Place d'Youville, south) and to the Cathedrale Marie Reine du Monde (west). Right in the center, which allows you to walk a lot around the city.
Although there are many parking places on the street, they are all for a limited time, with meters. You can use the hotel parking for 20$ per day, but take into account that the parking is very small and the space there is limited. The parking is located in a small garage on a parallel street.
Staff is very friendly and speak English fluently. Though I should say that the restaurants they recommended us weren't so good (one was even very bad).
The room was clean and good. We stayed at room 101. The bathroom was big. The shower head was hand held. There were too few electrical sockets in the room and they weren't conveniently located.
They have free good wi-fi, and there is also a table computer in each room - its softwares are not updated (to protect it from viruses), but it was nice to use a normal computer during a long trip.
Concerning breakfast we had 2 different experiences - it was missing an omlette, but in our first day, there was plenty of other stuff to eat. There were hard boiled eggs, sweet beans, 2 sorts of cheddar cheese, good bagles, philadelphia cheese, croissants, cereal, jams, honey and good coffee. However on our 2nd breakfast there, we were diappointed to find out that foods which were finished, weren't being replentied. So there were no more bagels and other stuff we liked to eat in the first day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Quebec City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Everything was perfect. Great location just by MTL Congress Centre and at a walking distance of almost everything!

The matresses are a bit hard but I slept very well. The hotel was very quiet and I enjoyed the free continental breakfest. Well priced hotel and good value.

• Stayed November 2012
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My first stay in Montreal was fantastic and the Hotel Dauphin contributed to a really great trip. The hotel was priced inexpensively, but the reviews seemed overwhelmingly positive so I booked accordingly. I was never disappointed. The rooms are modern, clean and well-equipped with cable TV, iPod radio, free wi-fi, refrigerator, two bottles of complimentary water per day and desktop computer for added convenience. There is an in-room coffee maker, but the complimentary breakfast downstairs included a self-serve espresso machine which was strong enough to replace buying a coffee. The breakfast itself is average with bread and fruit options but saves a meal out in a city where dining is expensive. After breakfast, a venture outside is easy and Old Montreal is easily accessible by walking. The location felt safe given the proximity to Old Montreal, but Downtown Montreal is close as well. Overall this is an outstanding value as the reviews suggest and I would book again upon returning to Montreal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Quebec city, Quebec
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed there with a large group of coworkers for a convention nearby (this hotel is very close to Montreal's Palais des congres).

Rooms have recently been updated they're large and feature laminate wood flooring, I was on the 1st floor and the ceiling was very high giving this room a very airy feel. The bathroom was very nice too with a glass and ceramic shower.

The only gripes I had with this hotel is the sub-par complimentary breakfast it's nothing terrible but nowadays most chains offer nicer choices. The second problem we encountered is with the heating system, I went there in November, outside temperature was about 3 degrees and they left the heating system turned off, just like in summer. Although we tried to adjust the settings in our rooms we were unable to get the temperature to rise above 19 degrees.. Not comfortable at all

Many complained but noone at the front desk seemed to understand what was going on, no apologies were offered for the discomfort either.

It's not a bad hotel but you have a lot of other options in the area, if your budget allows for it, I'd personally go to the nearby brand new Westin hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I normally stay in 4star hotels in a different part of Montreal but I decided to give this a try based on reviews. Location is excellent. Very close to st Catherine st and to metro. Room itself was better than the 4 star I normally stay at. Modern Fitout. Very clean and new. I was really quite impressed. Free Internet was appreciated as was free continental breakfast which was not flash but perfectly acceptable. I am ditching my usual hotel and will stay here from now on. I recommend this hotel for business travellers especially if you need to be near the paladin de congss exhibition centre which is 50m away.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have several friends who have stayed here and just loved it! Our stay wasn't the greatest, so perhaps I may try again one day.
Our greeting wasn't the warmest. I believe our receptionist wasn't in a very good mood. Maybe her last customer wasn't very happy, but she certainly wasn't friendly and didn't smile at us once while we were checking in.
The room is stunning! Large space, clean, hardwood floors, beautiful bathrooms!
My boyfriend and I were staying in one room on the thrid floor, while friends of ours stayed just down the hall.
Our beds were pretty hard! Our friends commented on their hard bed as well. When I returned home to tell my friends who love this hotel, they couldn't believe it. They all had comfortable sleeps. I guess we just didn't luck out on our beds?
The other problem we and the other couple shared was the noise. It seemed that most people on the third floor like to use the stairwell instead of the elevator, which is fine, but the door made a heck of a bang each time it closed - and people are coming and going throughout the night! May we suggest to the hotel a door sliencer... It was rather annoying hearing this door slam several times in the night. Other than that, we couldn't hear noise from adjoining rooms which was nice.
The day we left we encounter the same woman who checked us in. She was much nicer, smiled more and we were then on our way. We all have off days, so I bet she is normally a much happier person then when we first arrived.
Breakfast came with the room, which surprised us. It was good, enough to choose from, but nothing to brag about. We were satisfied and full.
The location was great - right in Old Montreal. We had arrived by train and it was about a 10 minute walk from the station. We dinned at Gibby's in Old Montreal - which was about a 10 minute walk away. Fantastic meal had there - but very pricey, but we would all return.

Room Tip: I would suggest staying on a higher level - not the thrid floor where people use the doors to the st...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed one night at Hotel Dauphin. I didn't know what to expect because I've never heard of this chain of hotels, but was pleasantly surprised. The room we stayed in was a double queen room. It was spacious. The room and bathroom were clean. There was a computer in the room which we didn't use as we had our own. So that means Internet was free. Location was excellent as we were able to walk everywhere - Chinatown, Old Montreal, St. Catherine street (shopping, food, entertainment, etc). Only once did we use the subway due to the fact that it was raining. The room had blinds instead of curtains which made it feel more like home to me. The decor was modern. The floors aren't carpeted so it made an echo in the room which may not have been pleasant for our neighbors as our baby woke up several times at night crying. Breakfast was free. It was quite busy when we got there. They ran out of mugs, muffins and bagels when I got there. Most were refilled quickly. Breakfast was good.
Overall a great stay. Would come back to this hotel if in Montreal again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family