“Relaxing experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rainspa At The Place D'Armes Hotel

Rainspa At The Place D'Armes Hotel
55 rue Saint-Jacques | 3rd Floor, Montreal, Quebec, Canada (Ville-Marie)
+1 514-282-2727
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 167 Activities in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: The 2 500 sq ft spa has 10 treatment rooms spanning two floors. These include rooms equipped for duo treatments, a Vichy room and a traditional hammam with private a room, dedicated to personal care under soothing eucalyptus vapours. A rest area, serving teas and flavored water, invites you to sit back and take it all in while the mani-pedi salon offers chic treatments for your hands and feet. Discover Rainspa's range of refined, efficient treatments, carried out by a team of seasoned pros. Therapeutic massages, face and body treatments, beauty sessions and medical-aesthetic services for the hands and feet promise dramatic results. Take the trip for a full day of luxury pampering or simply drop in for express care session. It's the perfect place to indulge.
Sudbury, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Relaxing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Rainspa at the Hotel Place d'Armes offers quality spa services and massages. Probably one of the best massages I have ever had. The staff is well qualified and the amenities are clean and modern. What a wonderful experience. Thank you Quentin and Maria for the excellent service!

Visited July 2013

Toronto
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

A group of friends and I had traveled to Montreal from other provinces to celebrate a 40th birthday. After a couple recommendations, I made pedicure reservations for myself and my friends. Because there wasn't enough staff available, we had to stagger our appointments, tow of us at 10am, two at 11am. Not ideal, but a workable solution. The day before our appointment, I called to add on massage appointments only to be told that mine was the appointment showing in the calendar with no more space available. Mistakes happen, but because this was a special occasion, I asked to speak with a manager, in the hopes that something could be done. The woman on the phone told me the manager was with a client, but took down my number and assured me the manager would call back within 15mins. It's now Monday, 5 days later, and I'm still waiting.....

Visited June 2013
Roxanne H, Manager at Rainspa At The Place D'Armes Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Mrs McGregor,
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at Rainspa on Trip Advisor.
All comments are important to us and it is our priority to provide our guests with excellent service and attention.
We are truly disappointed that a mistake was made in your reservation and it would have been a pleasure for us to try to correct the misunderstanding.
I did attempt to call you back after I received the message from our receptionist on Thursday 13th of June around 7pm and left a message on a voicemail inviting you to call me back.
I am sad to hear that you didn’t get my message and I would be very happy to re-invite you and your friends for the spa experience that you didn’t receive.
Please, do not hesitate to contact me directly for your reservation.
Best regards,
Roxanne Hamel
Spa Manager
Rainspa
514-282-2727
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I had a excellent time at Rainspa in August 2012. I had the massage in the steam room which was heaven. The Hammam wasn't as nice as I hoped but overall it was an excellent experience.

Visited August 2012
Montreal, Canada
“total disapointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The receptionnists were all stressed out and seemed confused, they later explained they were missing a girl. There was so many people in the waiting room, some had to wait standing up. There wasn't enough lockers for some of us to get in and enjoy the steam bath just yet. After 25 minutes of waiting, we were finally lead to our locker-room. The locker-room was tiny, but clean. It contained 2 showers but NO restoom??? We then entered the Hammam (steambath) which was a great experience in itself. Adjacent to the Hammam is the ''relaxation room''. The relaxation room is not very relaxing because right downstairs from it we could here the staff talking and dropping thigs; it was pretty noisy. The seats were not very comfortable and at one point the room was full because it was so small. In the relaxation room there are new towels, they have self-serve water and tea. Within an hour and a half there were no towels nor water left. All we could see was the overloaded hamper and dirty dishes. There was no way o get service in the room to get more supplies. Next came the couple's massage... my husband had a very talented masseuse (Maude) and he was very relaxed once it was over. I, on the other hand, had a masseuse that clearly did not know what she was doing (Fadia). They make us fill out a questionnaire and they ask us what type of pressure (light or deep) we enjoy. I indicated deep pressure. She had a very light touch, barely gave any attention to my tension spots and was about to spend half of the 90min massage on my legs when I asked her to go back to working the upper back. Well, that must have offended her because she went from super light touch to basically punching my upper back. My upper back is swollen today (the massage was yesterday) and I am seriously thinking of reporting Fadia to her professional association.

Visited March 2013
Roxanne H, Manager at Rainspa At The Place D'Armes Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.
We are very disppointed that your visit in our property did not meet your expectations.
We would like to take this opportunity to assure you that it is always our priority to make our guests experience relaxing and enjoyable.
We have taken your comments into consideration and we have taken measures to ensure that the concerns you brought to our attention were adressed with special care.
If you ever wish to visit Rainspa again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your reservation.
Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience.
Roxanne Hamel
Spa Manager
New York, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Another Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had the Mint & Kona Coffee Scrub followed by the rose petal massage. Nicole was my massuese. She was really amazing. She took her time, concentrated on the areas I asked her and I was in bliss for the entire 90 minutes.

I can see that some people might be put off that spa guests have to walk in their robes along hallways in the hotel where guest rooms are - it is a little awkward but did not bother me too much.

Visited March 2013