“Not your average Courtyard” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Montreal Airport

You added Courtyard by Marriott Montreal Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Montreal Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7000 Place Robert-Joncas, Montreal, Quebec H4M 2Z5, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #38 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not your average Courtyard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I've stayed at many Courtyards and like that Courtyard provides me with a comfortable stay while on business trips. However food is usually hard to find on-site. The Montreal Courtyard has a fine restarant on the premises as well as other options within a short walk. Since Marroitt paired up a Residence Inn there are more avaialble when staying here. The staff was very good at check-in and check-out. The airport is nearby however noise is not an issue.

Room Tip: Rooms on the South side face the airport and highway which wasn't noisy however the North side w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Booked via a tuango voucher for 115$ including 10 days parking and breakfast for 2 person.

Used this place on my return on NYs Eve. What a great place to stay and relax. Left the car, was promptly brought to airport, travelled, came back, called and within 15 minutes, was brought back to my car and hotel. Check in was courteous, The rooms was a studio, with bed, sofa, workstation, TV, wifi, good bathroom, and free wifi. Slept like a baby.

The breakfast was good quality buffet, with omelette station, good pastries, pancakes, smoked salmon, above average... Gym was well appointed and the pool was decent sized. Was lucky with parking , with lots of wind, so my car was not buried in snow on my return.

Definite recommendation on my part.

Room Tip: watch for tuango sleep and fly deals
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

had 10 hour layover, hotel is less thabn 15 minutes from airport. called when we were picking up our bags, shuttle was there in 10 minutes, got shuttle on departure level at door 7. shuttles for return start at 430 am. can book night before and get wake up call. hotel had nice deco and clean rooms. also had nice restaurant on site with good food and nice staff. great value

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband and I celebrated a special anniversary week in Montreal in July and this clean & professional Marriott fit our budget and comfort needs! The hotel staff was very helpful as I have a tendency to ask a lot of questions about the city (first visit) and the local customs, language & especially the currency. We had a later check-in but we called ahead to make sure we had a King bed in the suite (husband is 6'4). The room was carefully appointed and a nice haven from the multitude of Montreal cultural attractions. My husband likes to workout early in the morning and the exercise room was very convenient and well kept. Because we did not have Sprint cell phone connection in Canada, it was great to have Internet access to our twitter & email accounts to keep our children & family members updated about our schedule. No problems with the connection at all. Will definitely return to this hotel and highly recommend it for privacy, cleanliness and accessibility.

Room Tip: No bad room in my mind :)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mariana S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Montreal Airport, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for choosing the Marriott Courtyard to celebrate your special anniversary and for taking the time to write a kind review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay.
As you mentioned, we are proud to offer complementary wired and wireless internet throughout the hotel as well as having a complementary business center available to our guests 24/7. Our exercise facility is also open and available to all guests 24/7 at no charge.
We continuously strive to do our outmost to answer our guests’ needs and questions in order for them to take away a great experience of their stay with us, such as yours. Once again, I thank you for acknowledging the service you received from our team. I have shared your comments with them as they truly are our driving force and take great pride in providing great service!
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Marriott Courtyard Montreal Airport!
Newmarket, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights for business related travel. Attended a meeting one of the days during my stay. I must say the food was good, but the buffet lunch was a mismatched spread. A little odd but tast odd. Great service from front desk staff-very attentive. Rooms were modern, fresh and comfortable. Shuttle was great!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Mariana S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Montreal Airport, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear valued Guest;

Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Marriott Courtyard Montreal Airport!

I am delighted to read the positive comments you express about your experience at our property and I would like to sincerely thank you for it.

Regarding your comments about the buffet lunch, I appreciate the feedback, we always do our best to offer more food variety to please the majority of our guests and it is through constructive comments such as yours that we are able to continually improve our services and I will follow up with my colleagues in the F&B department.
I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.
Best regards and Happy New Year,

montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel the first week end of December. Our office X-Mas party was held there. I wasn't to sure, since hotel is more oriented on the business clientele. I was wrong, Amazing room, had the choice between a king room, or two queens. There was a little sitting are in the room, As for the food that was served at the supper, WOW, I think the hotel should not boast their chef, because he or she will surely get "headhunted" by another place. food was fantastic, It is a recently built hotel, very clean. Staff was super. Location, It is not in the immediate area of the airport but only a short drive. And only about a 15 drive from downtown. Oh yeah, pillows in abundance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Mariana S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Montreal Airport, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for you kind review of your recent visit at the Marriott Courtyard Montreal Airport! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your office Christmas party with us and want to thank you for taking the time to share it with our TripAdvisor community. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our Chef, team, services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. The chef has been with us since the opening of our hotel and also serving his exquisite food in our Orville restaurant open daily for breakfast, lunch and supper.

I would also take this opportunity to inform you know that we offer a complimentary shuttle service for all of our hotel guests from and to the airport 7 days a week from 4h30am to 1am.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Wishing you and your family very Happy Holidays!

Best regards,
Wilkinson, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I chose this hotel for the last night of my trip due to it's proximity to the airport and free shuttle. I found it clean and comfortable with the evening employees friendly and helpful and the a.m. employees cranky (is it a time of day thing?). Anyway, the only suggestion I would make is to NOT have the room right next to the stairwell. Quiet, yes, but cigarette smoke wafts up the stairwell right into the rooms. I finally just stuffed a towel under my door.

Room Tip: Don't get a room next to the stairwell!! Smoky!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mariana S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Montreal Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Marriott Courtyard Montreal Airport. We greatly appreciate all forms of guest feedback and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for all our valued guests such as you.
I would also like to thank you for acknowledging the receptiveness and friendliness of our associates at the Marriott Courtyard Airport, however I was of course concerned to learn of the area which left you feeling disappointed. Please accept my sincere apologies for the lack of service you had received at the front desk that morning and for the cigarette smoke coming from the stairwell. As you might know, we have a smoke free environment policy at Marriott and continuously invest all of our efforts to prevent these situations to occur. Your comments have been shared with the concerned parties and departments in order to avoid this situation to reoccur in the future. We firmly believe that good and genuine customer service is crucial in order to succeed in our business and we appreciate the time you took to communicate this matter to us.
Dear guest, we hope that despite this incident, we will have the pleasure to serve you again should your travels take you back to Montreal.

msanchez@mmtla.ca

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!