My wife and I and our two boys (12 and 14) stayed here recently on a long weekend trip to Montreal. Except for one incident, which I will explain in a minute, I would have rated this hotel as excellent. So, what happened? My wife and I are both runners and like to workout, even on vacations. When we first arrived, we checked out the fitness room, and much to our surprise, the room is excellent. Well equipped, 3 or 4 treadmills, ellipticals and some weight machines and free weights. Not often we find hotels equipped this well. Next morning, per our usual routine, we went down to use the treadmills. We wanted to turn on the TV that is facing the treadmills so we could be distracted as we ran, however, there was no remote and couldn't find a way to turn the TV on. Used the phone inside the room to call up to the front desk and inquire. They said they would send someone down. No problem. A few minutes later, a maintenance person shows up. He asks us where the remote is? We told him we didn't know, that is why we called. We didn't know how to turn the TV on. He shrugged his shoulders and mumbled about not being able to turn the TV on without the remote and soon left the room. No big deal. We finish our workout about an hour later and head back to the elevator to get to our room. In order to call the elevator, you need to swipe your room card, which is when we discover our room card isn't working. Pick up the handy phone by the elevator to call for help. The phone isn't working. I can hear them, they can't hear me. Now we are "trapped". Can't get back into the fitness room or the pool room to use those phones since our card doesn't work. We found an emergency exit, which led us to the back parking lot. Had to walk all the way around to the front of the hotel to get back to the front desk. Luckily, this wasn't winter time. Would not have enjoyed walking outside in the winter in sweaty workout clothes. Front desk staff member listens to our plight. Never says a word, just programs a new room card and hands it to us. No apology, no promise to look into the broken phone, or mention of the missing TV remote. No reaction to us having to use an emergency exit and walk around the building outside. Not impressed. Made to feel like we were bothering them. Did not attempt to use the fitness room again during our stay.
On the plus side, the hotel is probably one of the cleanest ones I've stayed in. The room and bathroom was tidy and spotless.
I was impressed! The check in and check out experience was also pleasant and the staff at those times were very good. I have stayed in a number of Residence Inns around North America, and based on this stay, I'd say this was overall the best one I've been to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finally a Residence Inn by Marriott at the Montreal International Airport. The Marriott Residence Inn Montreal Airport is the first and only true extended-stay hotel around the Airport. In order to help you feel connected while away from home and maintain a balance of work & life, we have built more then just hotel rooms. This new Residence Inn features a full kitchen and the needed space to relax in every suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Marriott Residence Inn Montreal Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Residence Inn Montreal Airport Hotel Montreal
- Marriott Montreal
- Residence Inn Montreal Airport
- Montreal Marriott
- Montreal Residence Inn