“Awesome Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Residence Inn Montreal Airport

You added Marriott Residence Inn Montreal Airport to your Saves list
Marriott Residence Inn Montreal Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6500 Place Robert-Joncas, Montreal, Quebec H4M 2Z5, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #28 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Pelham, Canada
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Terrific experience with our swim team. What an amazing staff at this hotel. Helpful, friendly...and too much to say. I was cooking for 15 of us from Ontario for a swim meet in Pointe Claire. our room was beautifully kept. The lobby and full downstairs was bright and clean. Excellent location for whatever you need. grocery store is close (Adonis---also great!) Our swimmers have a rigorous, sleep, eat swim routine...and the hotel was peaceful and quiet for them. On one occasion, I left the hotel and the staff even went and turned on my slow cooker for me. The little things they did too help me were incredible. Morella, the manager- We love you!.
Thanks for all your help. We have already booked for our next visit!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I feel this place is not worth for money. Room was pretty small and there was nothing to eat in breakfast. Its located near airport but finding the way is difficult. Staff is fine and provided what we ask for but there is no value added service. I will say try another place. You may get better hotel in that price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ana O, Manager at Marriott Residence Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Marriott Residence Inn Montreal Airport.
I was concerned to learn that you were unhappy with your room as well as your disappointments with our breakfast variety.
I can assure you that your comments have been shared with the rest of my team, and that our goal is to meet and exceed our clients individual needs.
We continue to make efforts in introducing new items to our breakfast buffet in order to meet our guests individual needs.
I apologise for your disappointments, and hope to have the opportunity and pleasure to serve you once again should your travels bring you back to Montreal.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have been here for 5 weeks and needless to say, it feels like home. All the hotel staff are very friendly and professional. The cookies at the front desk are exceptional, and I really enjoy the breakfast, especially the parfaits, breakfast sandwiches, and the pancakes on the weekends. The hotel is around a 5-10 minute walk to the mall (the front desk will tell you the short cut to get there) if ever you needed anything, and there is an Adonis inside the mall if you needed groceries. They provide a light snack/supper on Tuesday and Thursday nights. Not the best meal but great when you don't want to spend money or cook.
The only problem is that the internet is not as "high-speed" as you may think. I am constantly disconnected during peak hours of use.

Room Tip: You may want to avoid the 2nd floor if you don't wish to smell strong curry late at night in the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Waverley, NS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My first guest experience staying here occurred at Montreal Airport before I arrived at the property.

I called for the shuttle to the hotel and it took about 20 minutes, as expected.

I was not happy with the driver as he was talking on his cell phone and not using good, smooth driving techniques. I had to lug my own suitcases up the stairs at the front door of the bus. He did not offer to get out of his seat to assist me.

Furthermore, I did not get the feeling that his attentions were on the road, and all the construction on Cote-de-Liesse around Monte-de-Liesse, especially. I felt a bit nervous.

I stayed at this hotel once before and was not welcomed back as a returning guest. Normally, I am a Hilton-Guy, but I had to stay at the Residence Inn due to work obligations.

While the building is in very good shape, and very quiet for an airpirt hotel on the departure path of runway 06R, the cleanliness was questionable.

The housekeeping services were just adequate... black hairs in my sink and shower... I am a red head.

Being a place with a cooktop, microwave and fridge, I planned on cooking my own meals.

Needless to say, one would expect that housekeeping would replenish such things as salt and pepper, dishwasher soap, paper towel, dish cloths, etc. This did not happen on a regular basis and I had to go down to the Front Desk a few times to request refills.

The dryer in the laundry room did not dry my load as it was producing no heat. When I went to the Front Desk to advise them, they only offered to change up another five-dollar bill to run another load in another machine... no offer to comp this.

I got room service the first night I arrived. The food quality was poor and cold. I paid $31.44 (including taxes and a tip) for a Club Sandwich, poutine and a salad. A bit pricey for bad food.

On a good note, the complimentary breakfast was not too bad. The recycling of the previous days offerings was evident, but it wasn't awful. They have coffee 24/7. Nice blend.

As far as the room went, I stayed in a 1-bedroom suite (4415). It was right across from the elevator, but no noise. This hotel is very well sound-insulated.

Marriott does not come anywhere close to the rewards that Hilton's Hhonors program offers.

I checked in as a Gold. After 3 weeks, I only got accredited with 1 stay. What about nights and dollars spent? The Marriott program is sadly lacking.

Would I go back there if it was my dime? NO!

The staff were generally unattentive and aloof. It seemed like a smile was an effort.

The internet system in the property is an open one, without requiring a password. This should be secured.

Room Tip: Request a room on the east side to minimize airport noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Indian Orchard, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Traveled to Montreal for a cousins wedding. Stayed at the Residence Inn while other family members stayed at the attached Courtyard. Both hotels are beautiful and modern. Spacious rooms, quality and clean linens. You can never go wrong with any of the Marriott brands. Kids enjoyed the pool. However, walking into the lower level is like walking into a chlorine factory. The smell hits you in the face and if you are sensitive to the smell, you can't take it no more than a few minutes. The hotels website showed a kids room full of activities. NOT! The room was completely empty with only a TV/ DVD combo (but no dvd's to watch) A magic eraser and chalk board on the wall, (but nothing to write on them with). That room was a real disappointment because we were looking forward to the fuse tables. My brother and husband enjoyed the fitness room, also located in the lower level. They make it difficult for Courtyard guests to get over to Residence Inn, so we gave family members one of our keys to get over to our side. The restaurant and bar are located in the Courtyard. Breakfast is a bit high at over $15 per person. When we asked the front desk about the breakfast at the restaurant, she failed to tell us that kids were free, even though the kids were right in front of her. We expected a $60 breakfast bill for a family of 4, so we opted for the local McDonalds for under $25 for 4. But in reality, it would have been only $30 for a family of 4, if the front desk would have been a little more helpful. Nice hotel, however if you are traveling with small kids, not many meal options for them. Restaurants in the area are not kid friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The hotel locate near Road 40 , five minutes from the airport 30 minutes from down town Montreal
Good choice if you are in business and your office is nearby.
The hotel room are big, contains almost full kitchen.
10 minutes from the hotel there is a mall (beware it is being closed early) and a big middle eastern supermarket with good fresh food which you can store at your room.
Nearby you can also find multiplex and some restaurants + fast food (like MacDonald’s and Subway).
Breakfast is ok the usual standard of such hotel in N/A (some scramble eggs , muffins , bacon/sausage, fruits salads, serial and some milk products).
Every other day you can accept some snacks in the evening.
Hotel room was very clean. Parking is free.
The hotel has a shuttle to the airport , but if you want to go to the downtown you better have a car.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here one night over the Marathon weekend. Husband was able to have an amazing breakfast (started too late for the runners). The staff was accommodating and friendly. The room that we had was big with kitchen etc. nice but old.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Marriott Residence Inn Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!