My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in August as tourists, exploring Montreal for the first time together. The location, though not ideal, worked for us because we didn't mind walking 5 or 6 miles a day, even in the heat. There are a few unpleasant blocks (around the UQAM metro station) between the b&b and Old Montreal, and we did not walk there at night. However, walking to the restaurants on St Denis was not a problem at night.
The room (Cinecitta) was attractive and spacious with a nice balcony; however, the shower is tiny and the tile on the bathroom floor was loose and unpleasant to walk on (and impossible to keep clean). Service was good, but often there were no staff on the premises, so we missed having time to chat and get tips about local attractions. Service for breakfast was excellent, and the four course meal is amazing. We ate from 9:30 - 10:30 each morning, then used the afternoon to sight-see and try several restaurants for dinner. Montreal is a great place for food and dining. We also enjoyed the Contemporary Art Museum, the Fine Arts Museum and the Musée du Château Ramezay. Although we flew into Montreal, we were going to Vermont afterward so took the Greyhound bus from Montreal to Burlington, which was a surprisingly easy and pleasant experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy unique, classy and comfortable guest rooms with luxury amenities in this cinema-themed B&B. Gourmet breakfast served till noon is included in rate. Relaxing garden with a large spa/jacuzzi in downtown Montreal! Absolument Montreal B&B is a 5-minute walk to the bars and restaurants of the Latin Quarter and the Village, and a 15-minute walk to the summer festivals, downtown shopping and historic Old Montreal. Complimentary high-speed wireless internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick so you can book your Absolument Montreal B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Absolument Montreal Bed And Breakfast
- Absolument Montreal Hotel Montreal