“Paradise in Montreal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Terra Nostra

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montreal
Le Terra Nostra
277 Beatty Streett, Montreal, Quebec H4H 1X7, Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 147 Montreal B&B and Inns
“Paradise in Montreal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Wow! My husband and I have just finished our 5 night stay at Le Terra Nostra and have only memories of a comfortable stay with service fit for royalty. We stayed in the Europa room and the pictures do not do it justice! We felt like we worlds away in this luxurious room. No detail is overlooked, including tea lights to accompany your shea bubble bath, simple decor and elegant bed sheets. Mireille was kind enough to show us the three other rooms since it was only us the first night and I can say with confidence I would have been happy with any of them. Outside the bedrooms is a table with complimentary teas and a kettle as well as a fridge. The main level has a comfortable and cozy sitting room with plenty of interesting books and magazines. The breakfasts were out of this world! They always began with a small apéritif (as the French call it) followed by a main, for example crepes with cheese and ham, French toast, and quiche. Lots of fruit too! Mireille was a fantastic hostess. She was kind enough not only to provide a map of Montreal and the metro but to also go through them with us so we could make informed decisions as to what we wanted to do and how to get there. She has also compiled a restaurant list of three or four pages listing some of the best restaurants located in specific areas. We mostly followed the list and were not disappointed. One final point is the location of this B&B. it is in Verdun in Montreal and therefore a bit out of the way of the touristy/busier areas. We loved to see the locals and some of the best restaurants are in this area! It is very easy to get to Old Montreal and downtown from this area though so don't overlook Le Terra Nostra due to the location. My husband and I can't wait to stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013
lauzon_mireille, Owner at Le Terra Nostra, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hello the newlyweds,

What a tittle - A Paradise in Montreal!!! I feel very honored that my B&B is described this way, but even more that you have choosen Le Terra Nostra to be the place where to spend your honeymoon.

Thank you for all your kind words and for being so prompt to write the review - it seems like you just left.

I wish you a beautiful fall and wonderful time together.

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lebanon, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

First of all, Le Terra Nostra is a home away from home because of Mireille (Mimi to the French challenged like me.) As many others have pointed out, the house, the rooms, the garden and the patio are all beautiful. Mimi is the ingredient that makes it all warm and comfortable. And she's a great cook and source of information.
My wife and I came to see Montreal by bicycle. We took a great tour with Fitz and Folwell. We love Montreal. It is a great bicycling city. But the best bicycling is right out the front door of Le Terra Nostra. There's a wonderful uncrowded bike path all along the St. Lawrence. Mimi will tell you all the things you can see along the way.
Unlike downtown Montreal, parking is easy at Le Terra Nostra. Mimi has three bikes you can use. If you bring your own bikes, you can keep them safely in her garage.
We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
lauzon_mireille, Owner at Le Terra Nostra, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Hello Tom & Margaret,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. And for your kinds words about me.
I am very happy it felt like home, away from your home. This was the Idea behing Le Terra Nostra!!

You are always welcome. Hope to see you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We find ourselves always gravitating towards unique and chic bed & breakfasts. Mireille's quaint & charming establishment fit the bill for us. Cleverly decorated and styled, with a feeling of various worldly cultures hinted at throughout the property. Beautiful garden and private patio area for her patrons to enjoy, especially with a nice cup of Earl Grey tea. ;) Breakfast was colorful and fresh to our liking. As much as we enjoyed the proximity to the river for walks and bike rides, it is a bit further away from the locations of Old Montreal & its downtown shopping locations than we like. However, that completely depends on your itinerary and chosen activities during your stay. If you plan to simply relax and unwind - the location is perfect. Any possible negatives are completely made up for by the genuine warmth & kindness of your hostess and her lovely assistant Stephanie - who strive to ensure your overall comfort and pleasurable experience at Le Terra Nostra...

• Stayed July 2013
lauzon_mireille, Owner at Le Terra Nostra, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hello Aaron & Mya,

Thank you for your wonderfull words about the B&B, myself and Stepahnie, who is learning the business.
For this review to be already out, it means that you have rushed to your computer as soon as you got home. And I know you have lots to do, with 4 kids at home, so I thank you even more!!!

It was a pleasure having you at Le Terra Nostra and I promised to have more of my travel pictures framed next time you come Aaron ;-)))

Agoura Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We are SO LUCKY that we found Mireille and Le Terra Nostra and kicked off our 9-day Quebec trip at her B&B.

First of all, we took a red eye and arrived in Montreal early morning, exhausted. I had emailed Mireille and she said that although our room would of course not be ready so early, we could come by and drop our things off. What a relief to have a home to go to and freshen up.

When we returned later in the day, Mireille sat down with us, asked us our itinerary and gave us tips that proved to be invaluable. She printed out some of her favorite places from around Quebec and we actually altered our plans to experience her spot-on recommendations. From wineries to B&Bs to restaurants, we felt like real Québécois with our newfound knowledge!

As for the B&B itself, it is beautiful. It is located in Verdun, with about a 10-15 minute walk to the Metro through a phenomenal neighborhood. (We LOVED the neighborhood!) Every room is so detailed and unique ... I wish she could come to my house to give me tips! We were in the Europa room and the bathroom was almost as big as the room itself. I enjoyed the lovely bath and shower, with salts and lotions in Parisian-style containers. My husband could not get over the built-in dental floss dispenser ... seriously, how many B&Bs have that?

The meals were a work of art and we always waited to take a bite so we could photograph the creation. The small yard in the back was adorable and a perfect place to dine, with cat antics as our entertainment.

From the start of our trip in Montreal through the lasting recommendations, Mireille and Le Terra Nostra exceeded our expectations and formed the basis of a incredible vacation. I would give this place 50 stars if I could. Merci, Mireille!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
lauzon_mireille, Owner at Le Terra Nostra, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Hello Debbie & Fabricio,

Thank you for your generous review. It was very nice to have you both at Le Terra Nostra and hope your next trip will be a little longer.

Thank you for appreciating all those things you mentionned, It is always a pleasure and such a satisfaction to realise it was worth the effort.

And thank you sooo sooo much for my 50* certification!!! I am very proud of it. I will definitively hang this review among the awards.

All the best,
Bowmanville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We went to Le Terra Nostra as a "couple get away" to experience Montreal. We stayed in Europea. The room was large, well kept, and beautifully designed. The cost (which is a bit higher then some B and B's) was well worth the experience. Mireille was wonderful and helped us alot. The food was outstanding, especially when you are able to eat outside. I would highly reccommend this B and B for anyone looking to stay in montreal and wants both luxury and affordability.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
lauzon_mireille, Owner at Le Terra Nostra, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Hello John & Carolyn,

Thank you for taking the time to write those very nice comments, they are very much apprecaited.
I am especially happy about the way you summerise Le Terra Nostra: "for anyone looking for luxury and affordability"!!! And I am VERY happy you had a nice time.

Have a great summer.

Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Our stay was amazing, Mireille is wonderful. We stayed in the Afrika room which was beautiful and very clean, felt like home away from home. We highly recommend to anyone looking for a B&B in the area, it was a great experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
lauzon_mireille, Owner at Le Terra Nostra, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Hello Tina,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this nice review.

You wrote a sentence that really really enjoyed me: "felt like home away from home". This was my moto when I started the B&B. I now know that I have reached my goal and there is no feeling better than this one.

Even if I have reached this goal I will continue looking for the ways to make my customers feel good and that they have made the right choice in choosing Le terra Nostra.

All the best to you and Mark.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I took a weekend getaway trip to Montreal and stayed with Mireille. We stayed in the Antartica room. Mireille made us feel like old friends and gave us several maps and a list of her favorite restaurants and we went to several during our stay and they were outstanding. She also gave us several options of things to do and see in and around the city. She made us breakfast one morning and it was delicious! She unfortunately had suffered an injury to her arm and was uable to make breakfast the next morning, however so she gave us a voucher for a free breakfast at a nearby restaurant! She has a fabulous "low season package" that we took advantage of that included maddages in house and fit our needs perfectly. This place is a lovely find and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Mireille is a wonderful & thoughtful hostess!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
lauzon_mireille, Owner at Le Terra Nostra, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Hello Robyn,

Thank you for your review - it is always very much appreciated.
I am happy you liked your first visit to Montreal and that I could contributed to it.
My arm is much better and I am back in the kitchen. Restautrant Crescendo is a nice alternative though with a nice view over the river, nice food and great portions!

A great stay in Boston and a nice retourn to your homertown in Texas.

Mireille

Been to Le Terra Nostra? Share your experiences!