“Excellent Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of University Bed & Breakfast

You added University Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
University Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   623 Prince Arthur West, Montreal, Quebec H2X 1T9, Canada (Le Plateau Mont-Royal)   |
Special Price
CLICK HERE and SAVE 15%
Ranked #34 of 146 Montreal B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
saskatoon, saskatchewan, canada
“Excellent Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at the University Bed + Breakfast for a few nights at the end of September, 2012, while I was visiting my daughter who is attending McGill University. As she is living in residence, this B + B was a perfect location to make it easy to visit with her. This B + B is located right in the heart of McGill University, and is on a picturesque tree-lined street. The room I stayed in was very comfortable, with close access to the shared bathroom and to the kitchen, where a lovely breakfast was prepared each morning. My daughter had breakfast with me as well, as breakfast for two is included in the cost of the room. The B + B has guide books for your convenience, located in their entryway. The B + B is located in close proximity to great shopping, restaurants, coffee shops, grocery stores, etc. Place des Arts and Old Montreal are both an easy half hour walk. This will definitely be the place I stay over the years, while visiting my daughter. My son is currently staying there, visiting his sister. He is staying in a large room overlooking Prince Arthur Street as it has plenty of room for two people to visit. He loves it. This is a beautiful B + B, that is definitely worth staying at.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Scholar's room, which is the least expensive and it was ideal for me (shared bat...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Surrey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

First B&B we had stayed in outside of the UK so we didn`t know quite what to expect.
We stayed for a few nights in the yellow suite which is located on the ground floor with a separate entrance. The location is very close to the university in a mainly student accommodation area, around a ten minute walk to the subway. The main room its self was of a good size with the bedroom off of it separated by a curtain divider with a large comfortable bed. The kitchen is tiny and in need of some TLC. The en suite bathroom is usable, but the bath is very small and shallow.In al,l the rooms are clean and have all that you would need but are tired and in need of some renovation. The room wasn`t serviced daily and there are a list of house rules left for you that make it feel more like student lodgings. Continental breakfast was served daily with a good choice from 08:00 to 10:00.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I will go back here ! Everything is made for your comfort and enjoyable stay. I was visiting my daughter, student at the university next door with my 9 yrs old son. The location in a beautiful historic area is great, the breakfast is delicious, the staff is incredibly nice and helpful. Our room was very comfortable, cosy. All is perfect ! Thank you again and hope to come soon !

Room Tip: Yellow suite was quiet, very cosy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was our first trip to Montreal. We absolutely loved the B&B. The rooms are lovely, we had a great window seat overlooking the street view. Our furnishings looked so warm, homey and appropriate for this beautiful old building. Bed was very comfortable. A great breakfast was very nicely served in the kitchen/breakfast room. Fabulous coffee, our first experience with Montreal bagels, we really loved them. The location is great right near the university and a lovely walk up Mount Royal. We also took advantage of the city bike rental system. If we return to Montreal we will definitely stay in the B&B again. Chris and John C

Room Tip: We stayed in the Queens Room, third floor, walkup beautiful old staircase. Shared bath, very clean a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This b and b is in a great location, in a beautiful historic home, and has delicious breakfasts that include organic cereals, fruit, montreal-style bagels, croissants, yogourts etc... I will most definitely be coming back here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Winnipeg, MB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have only positive things to say about this place. The rooms were adorable, convenient and had everything I needed like a small kitchen, wifi and a hair dryer. Right when I booked the hotel they called me to inform that they didn't have one room for me and I would have to change rooms in the middle of my stay. This barely was a hassle as they took care of moving all the luggage and I could enjoy exploring Montreal in the meantime. It did give me a chance to see that each room is uniquely decorated in a homely manner. Some may call it outdated, but I think it was adorable. There was no safe, which was not a problem for me, but some readers may want to know about this. The breakfast was tasty and elegantly served. I guess the most annoying part was looking for a parking spot. Sometimes it would require squeezing into a tight spot, not to mention that the street has strange parking laws (make sure you read the signs, with my very basic French I could figure out what was written but if that's a problem just ask inside the hotel upon check in). Nonetheless, there is parking on the street and it's free.
Bottom line: Good location, friendly service and not too pricey.

Room Tip: I found the wifi on the second floor was better, probably because it's closer to the office.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Swansboro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We found this to be a charming B&B, with interesting architectural features, and pleasant decor. We had a room in the Castle with shared bath. Everything was clean and neat. The office/breakfast room was relaxed, homey, and the staff played great music. Nice breakfast, with good variety and great coffee! The staff was friendly and helpful, and very gracious with breakfast service. We liked the B&B a lot, but this is not the best place to stay if you have a car. Parking in this area of Montreal is practically non-existant. When we arrived, we were not told about a parking garage, which I now see others have mentioned. We got a place on the street, but one day when we moved our car, it took us an hour to find a space when we returned. Lots of nice places to walk to and not far from Vieux Montreal and other sights. Ask for the garage, and don't hesitate to stay here.

Room Tip: We loved our third floor room overlooking the trees on the street, but some folks might not apprecia...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to University Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!