I waited a couple weeks before writing this review to see whether I felt the same way I did when I left the u b&b. Well two weeks later and I feel the same way this was a completely underwhelming experience.
I got out alive and in one piece thank God.
Rooms may appear clean but beyond making the bed, mildly sweeping the floors, and changing the trash the rooms are not cleaned between visits. I found a large used band aid under the night table in my room, pieces of mud and dirt in the tv room, and every window pane was covered in dust.
If you arrive earlier that 2/3:00pm check end don't expect to have relatively safe place to store your luggage. There official storage area is the fireplace in the kitchen/office.
If you have food allegeries you will not be accommodated only tolerated. A staff member came to my room abruptly with a list of everything they serve and they asked me to circle everything I wanted to eat to the duration of my stay while they stood there looking at me. Then they delivered a tray filled with food that looked like a cross between samples handed out at food show and leftovers from the day before. That tray was left in my room for the duration of my stay with the assumption that 1 breakfast tray for two people is equivalent to 2 paid breakfasts.
Lastly the staff is very rude and unprofessional when I pointed a simple oversight on their part (ie their website did not indicate when the b&b actually opened) which caused me and my guess somewhat of a headache when we arrived at the place in the morning expecting to drop off our bags but there was no one there--I was denied an apology and treated as if I should have already known this information without them needing to tell me.
And on top of that I reserved my rooms a month in advance and two weeks later the cost of te same room was at least 20% less and my cost was never adjusted.
Overall this was the worst experience I have had in Montreal to date. I did not expect the ritz but I did not expect some thing that was 1 step up from sleeping in a bus station either.
- Also Known As:
- University Hotel Montreal
- University Hotel
- University Bed And Breakfast
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a Montreal B&B, located near University Street, at the quiet end of Prince Arthur St. which is one of favourite Montreal spots full of sidewalk cafes and bring your wine restaurants. Train station, downtown shopping malls, Chinatown, festival sites and Montreal's biggest green space (Mount Royal Park) is all within 10-15 minutes of walking distance. We give delicious continental breakfast (bagels, croissants, cheese, jam and coffee). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your University Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.