“Please dont go unless you have to !” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Jean-Talon Market

Jean-Talon Market
7075 Casgrain Ave | This is not a flea market its a year round fresh produce market, Montreal, Quebec H2S 3A3, Canada
1 514 277 1588
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
Top Rated
$52*
and up
Food Tour of Montreal's Little Italy...
Ranked #1 of 77 Shopping in Montreal
Type: Flea/ Street Markets, Shopping
Toronto
“Please dont go unless you have to !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

What a bad experience I had. Beware of the PICKPOCKET !!..I had my wallet stolen from my bag. please be very very careful. My advice, Don't GO , unless you really have to. I was standing inside the bakery Premier something, lining up toward the cashier when I realized my bag that I wore over my shoulder was unzipped and my wallet was gone.What a terrible experience !! I had to cut my trip short because I had nothing left with me .

• Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco, California
31 attraction reviews
“Eat & Shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

This is a great market for eating and shopping. So many options within the market that you will surely find something you like. I love it and will take my friends with me next time I am in town.

Saskatoon, Canada
“Colorful, expansive market with wonderful shops”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

We visited on a beautiful October afternoon. There was such a fantastic array of fresh fruits and vegetables, cheeses, meats, dry goods. Many small food places to eat at and surrounded by small restaurants on the parameter. We couldn't decide and so we asked a food stand vendor where their favorite place to eat at was-- can't recall the name of the place she send us to but it was a little shop inside the market that made fresh pasta. We had the ricotta and spinach raveoli with rose sauce, garlic bread and a drink for a steal of a deal at $7. It was the best ravioli I've ever had (and the best meal on the trip)!!

boston
“Won't walk away hungry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

We went to visit here on the Sunday morning of our trip. We found a free parking spot right outside (lucky!) Since we were heading home that day and didn't want to exchange anymore money, we decided to spend the last of our money here. (Wish we had more!) There was so much fruit, vegetables, pumpkins, and more. There were plenty of samples to try and the prices were great! I wished I lived closer, so I could visit this every week.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“It's worth the trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

The Jean-Talon Market is like an art exhibit. The fruits and vegetables were the most beautiful I had ever seen, and thanks to some nice vendors for putting out samples, the most delicious and freshest I have ever tasted. It's enormous and you can find whatever it is you're looking for. We had a crepe at the Creperie du Marche that was worth the wait and I picked up lots of pastries from the surrounding patesseries. It's an experience you don't want to miss!