“Clean & Sweet!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel 10

You added Hotel 10 to your Saves list
Hotel 10
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Sherbrooke Ouest, Montreal, Quebec H2X 4C9, Canada (Formerly Opus Hotel Montreal)   |
Ranked #55 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Gatineau, Canada
“Clean & Sweet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My husband & I chose this hotel for its location, not knowing what to expect. Though we found the place a bit pricey, we were pleased with the friendly staff and enjoyed our continental breakfast which is more than the usual, nice fresh fruits and juices, muffins, croissants, etc.

The whole hotel is small but nicely decorated, rooms clean & quite comfortable.
We would recommend it, no problem.

Room Tip: The hotel had wifi but I don't remember if it was free.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

2 of my friends recommended this hotel. I chose them immediately. They offered all tourist services which so convenient for us who is lazy in searching. Staffs are nice, room is bigger than i expect. I will be back.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Wonderful stay.

I left my vehicle with Valet parking and the parking attendants could not have been more attentive
to my wishes.

Check in went very smoothly and within a few minutes I was using the Wi-Fi in a beautifully decorated room.

The shower was the largest one I had seen in a Hotel.Glass partitions with an amazing showerhead.

The room itself including the bed was most comfortable.Brand new.

I would definitely stay at Hotel 10 again and recommend it to my friends and family.
Thank you again Hotel 10.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First time at Hotel 10, we have always stayed at a different hotel in Montreal. Hotel 10 feels modern, everything works, spacious, excellent location.
My only negative comment is the parking. Very expensive.
Next time I will plan to spend some time looking for less expensive parking.
We had heard about the loud dancing club in the lobby, so we asked for a room away from the noise, and we got it. The club was not a problem at all for us, even though we stayed on the third floor.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2014

Let’s deal with the noise question up-front, since this is the main source of complaint in negative TA reviews of Hotel 10, and also because the sole reason for our 3-night stay was to evade recent all-night street construction outside our apartment that made it impossible to sleep at home. Having told the reservation agent of our need for peace and quiet, we were given a third-floor room facing Clark St., the narrow one-way residential street intersecting Sherbrooke St. (the noisy thoroughfare). The first two nights of our stay, Wednesday and Thursday, it was as if we were sleeping inside a down pillow: the only noise occasionally and only slightly interrupting the blissful silence was from other guests entering or leaving their rooms. On Friday night we could make out some muffled bass noise from the club, but this didn’t prevent us from falling asleep. Get a room on the third-through-fifth floors not facing Sherbrooke and you should be fine.

Our room was chic, all shades of grey and mauve, with a polished concrete ceiling. The king bed was firm but still comfortable. Some minor wear-and-tear and a couple of small patches of peeling paint did not detract much from the overall impression, and housekeeping kept our room spotless throughout our stay.

The bathroom, large and modernist, had a door-less glass shower stall, which would have been more of an ergonomic success had it included a hand-held shower head as well as the fixed head, or some other way to reach the desired water temperature without having to stand in the flow to adjust the tap. A towel rail by the sink would have been nice too.

A minor irritant was the in-room entertainment options: no movies on demand, only cable TV with no program guide, and although the flatscreen was a decent size, the aspect ratio was wrong on many channels.

The staff with whom I interacted ranged from coolly efficient to genuinely friendly. Ben at the reservation desk went above and beyond when we decided to extend our stay from 1 night to 3, to ensure that we could stay in our same room. A big thank you also to the doorman, Fritz, for driving me to work in the hotel’s Mercedes on Friday morning, at no charge (I tipped, of course).

Having booked last-minute we were able to take advantage of substantially reduced rates: before taxes, ~$200 per mid-week night, and ~$150 on Friday night.

Room Tip: Request a high-floor room not facing Sherbrooke St
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

Sabrina at reception, what a GEM! She was very friendly and explained in detail that the hotel is a club on Friday and Saturday night (the nights of my stay) and while Im not overly picky, I needed my sleep that weekend. She found me the best available room furthest from noise and the bed was very comfortable! She explained everything perfectly and made me feel very welcome. It was my first time there and I would stay again.
She also told me about a great service they offer customers: local rides! I was greeted by Lucas who was very friendly and he dropped me to dinner no problem. Love this extra touch.

Again, if you have kids or hate noise, you would want to make sure that on a weekend you request a room that is further from the club on the first floor. I am picky and I found it find because they were clear when I was checking in.

The bed was very comfortable, I had a great bathtub (requested) and all the amenities were great. Nice upgrade from the old Hotel Opus

Room Tip: They were VERY clear at checkin, this is a supper club so Friday and Saturday night there is loud mu...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

This is a trendy, modern hotel, at least on the ground floor. Once you reach the secure halls and rooms on the upper floors, you realize the high design was limited to the lobby. What you get are relatively large, comfortable rooms a la your typical Sheraton or Holiday Inn, the exposed concrete ceilings look out of place since the design is definitely not industrial. Nice sized, renovated bathrooms and lots of closet and drawer space. A comfortable place to stay while in Montreal, though not super chic as you might expect given the nightclub atmosphere downstairs. It is convenient to many sights, and the metro is a short walk away (beware the very steep hill when returning from the metro) from which you can get anywhere. Cabs are always available in front of the hotel. Shopping and dining are also nearby.

If it were possible, I would have given the Hotel 10 3.5 stars. Though definitely better than a 3, I was surprised there was no written information in the room about the hotel, its services, nearby sights, shopping and dining. Not even a channel guide for the television. Since I was from the US and this was my first visit, I could have used some information to get acclimated. I was left to just ask the staff questions, and to be fair, they were helpful and nice. I just grabbed a french map from a vacant desk that should have had a concierge attached to it and went exploring. Likewise there is no real room service which I would have liked for breakfast. They have an arrangement with an outside delivery company for lunch and dinner that I didn't try.

Notwithstanding all of this, once I did get acclimated the hotel has a lot to recommend it, namely a good location and overall comfortable rooms. Since I travelled in mid-November (not crowded), I thought I got a good deal with Jetsetter. I would stay again for the right price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the nightclub noise.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel 10? Share your experiences!