“Stunning Service” 5 of 5 stars

“Stunning Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

W was Wonderful

Amazing....

My thanks go out to the management and staff of the W Montreal. I recently organized a surprise party for my wife’s birthday. I booked seven rooms for friends and family via a combination of SPG points and regular payment.

I was simply overwhelmed at the attention to detail and the effort made by this hotel to accommodate our party. Everything went smoothly.

Front Desk Staff – they discreetly checked each couple in and were able to upgrade most of our rooms! It was a surprise event, so the reception team had to be careful about how the check-in process was handled. Every guest was treated exceptionally well and very much appreciated the W Hotel’s rooms.

Bar Staff – We bought several bottles of champagne and were treated to a VIP section of the bar. We had the whole place to ourselves to party. The service was excellent!!

Housekeeping & Room Service - Throughout the stay we availed of room service and had a small reception in our suite. The service was excellent (they even taught us how to use the awesome Bose surround sound system to blow out some music in the party suite). Our rooms were impeccably clean.

Concierge – our thanks to the concierge for making dinner reservations at a nearby restaurant (Accords). The dinner was fantastic – plates were empty :) They also double-checked all room reservations in the days leading up to the weekend and obviously prepared the front desk team for receiving guests as they arrived.

Management – absolutely fantastic. The service and amenities were top-notch. My wife and I were upgraded to an insane two-story suite in the penthouse with a wrap-around balcony overlooking Montreal. The manager finished our visit by sending up some fruit, champagne and orange juice the morning we checked out. I appreciate all their support and the overwhelming upgrades received during our visit.

I’ve have travelled heavily for 15-20 years and I’m an SPG Platinum member (along with some other hotel programs). In all this time, I’ve never come across a hotel so committed to customer satisfaction. Congratulations to the W Montreal for an outstanding job.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid lower floors as you may hear the nightclub at night.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in early August with my wife while on vacation. When we arrived we were warmly greeted by the valet staff as well as the reception host. Our bags were whisked to our room and our car whisked to valet garage, and everything was solid.

Our room was quite nice, as my wife is big on SPG and we were upgraded to a suite (sweet!). The room was large and comfortable, with a full tub in addition to a shower. Plenty of outlets and such, and very nice accented lighting.

My only complaint was a weird noise coming from the plumbing pipes, which we noticed on occasion...neighboring shower? Not sure, but it wasn't a deal breaker.

The concierge was very helpful with giving us pointers on where to explore on foot, and gave us a map as well.

We didn't dine in the hotel, or use the fitness room so I can't attest to anything on those fronts. The bar/lounge was quite the hip scene though in the evenings.

There is a Metro station right across from the hotel entrance, which is great for those visitors wanting to explore on foot like us.

Dusseldorf, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

You expect a lot when going to a W and you are prepared to pay a little more. The W Montreal is just fulfilling all these expectations and we had a large room, which was clean, comfortable beds, nice sitting area, beautiful bathroom, etc. The staff was very friendly from the concierge through to the reception and what I like about this is that they treat you all the same: whether there on business or in shorts on holiday - you are their guest, you are treated like that.

So why 'only' very good then. Reason is that there are some minor things, which you would expect to be a no-brainer in a W Hotel, but then they are not.

- In every decent hotel today you have a coffee maker in the room, but the W is not providing this.
- The Gym area is actually very small for a hotel of the size and quality of the W.
- The shower head looked beautiful, but then design got into the way of performance, as there was hardly any water coming out of it.
- We were on the 6th Floor, but the bass sound from the night club kept me entertained most of one night.

Nothing that prevents me from coming back, just some observations and areas that could make this the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The W Montreal is very well located, central to the old town area, McGill, and other key attractions. Our room was very nice. The bars in the hotel are fun for a late night drink. There's a cute little bar in the hotel that I didn't spot until the day we were checking out, called Bar Tini, that I would have loved to have tried.

The concierge service was amazing, and gave us exceptional recommendations for things to do and restaurants to try.

My only complaint about the stay was that this particular W did not have the clothing store that all (or most) other W's have.

Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had an excellent 4 days here and would highly recommend Montreal's W Hotel. The location is unbeatable for sightseeing, dining and shopping. It's close to Old Montreal and downtown and is right on the Metro line for excursions further afield. The rooms were spotless and the beds were incredibly comfortable. We also found all the staff we dealt with from the front desk, the concierge and valets to be very friendly and helpful. It really was top notch in every way.

New Albany, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I am just finishing a business trip in Montreal and this was my first time at this W... What a great location for all the shopping, eating, and events that occur in downtown Montreal in the summer. The Port is such a close walk and so is St-Catherine's Street in the other direction. The valet was a little hard to find, nothing really stands out if you are looking for a desk or valets standing around, I had to park on the street and go get him... That was really the only issue I had with this very hip hotel.

Overall the hotel was up to date, very modern with usual W "club" type feel. The rooms were well appointed to the normal W standards and 2 bottles of free water every day. My room was on the top floor it looked out onto the inside atrium of the Metro Station and an Office building... It was surprisingly quiet for as loud as the club was downstairs. The "Wunder" bar is well stocked and is staffed by great bartenders that tend to get transients who add to the color of the bar atmosphere, and they had some larger than normal ice cubes which has been a favorite accessory of my drinks lately...

Anyway, good spot and I would stay here again if I wanted to be downtown...

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The W Hotel looks from a posh lounge club from the outside but it is more than what it looks like. It certainly is not a family oriented hotel (even though the hotel staff is impecable) and the hotel itself is conviently located. We had a MEGA Room which was really big, huge bathtub that fits easily two people, nice separated glass rain-shower and heavenly comfortable bed.
The only negative point was that we had our room above the Wunderbar and could hear the music (well, the bass specificaly) bumping up untill 3am.
Other than that, everything was up to their standards and the two nice ladies of the spa gave us the best massage we had in a very long time.

Room Tip: Just make sure you do not take rooms on the 3rd floor of the hotel to avoid club noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to W Montreal? Share your experiences!