“Excellent W Montreal Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #27 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
McLean, Virginia, United States
“Excellent W Montreal Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I did enjoy staying at this hotel for one night. The staff are very nice, friendly, and helpful with your needs. The room are very nice and clean. I hope will be consider stay at this hotel again near in the future.

Room Tip: The rooms and hallway are very nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank for your great feedback. It’s good to hear you enjoyed staying with us.
We won’t miss to pass your good comments to our talents.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again at W Montreal.

Your W Montreal Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

One of the best W hotel experience. I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights and it was definitely a very warm welcomed stay. Very well located and staff is wonderful. They go out of their way to help you. Starting from the reception to hotel staff to conceirge to front door man who warmly greets you every time.
Strong recommendation for W Montreal!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The location of the W is perfectly situated near the subway and Old Montreal. However, the hotel itself is lacking. I stayed there for four nights and each day we had to call for housekeeping. We left early in the morning and returned after 3:00 each day only to find that our room had not been cleaned. Even when it was cleaned, our toiletries were never replenished. Also, the lack of a coffee maker in the room is frustrating. Each morning I had to go to the lobby for coffee - and the coffee machine there was often empty. I travel for business frequently and am used to taking these types of services for granted. The W in Montreal seems more like a local roadside inn than a luxurious hotel. As for a positive, the concierge (although with very limited hours) was wonderful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us.
The coffee machine is available on demand and free of charge. A tent card is in the room advising you about this service. We are sorry you couldn’t enjoy your coffee in your room.
Next time don’t hesitate to ask for it.
Concerning your room cleaning service, we are sorry you had to call for it. We will follow up on this issue with our housekeeping department.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were staying at the W Montreal for the August long weekend. The hotel we wanted to stay at was unfortunately sold out. We paid more than $400/night to stay at this hotel.

The W is meant to be a 5 star hotel but is more like a 3 star hotel. The bed sheets were dirty. There were no slippers, no shower caps, none of the usual luxuries you would find in a nice hotel. The room was dark and looked old. The bathroom tiles were chipped.

Overall, this hotel was meant to feel sexy and it failed miserably at it. It ruined my romantic weekend with my husband.

I would not recommend staying at the W. I would skip it and head to Hotel Gault... much more luxurious!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback from your last visit with us.
We are really surprised and saddened to hear that you didn’t find the room amenities to your liking. We have all requested amenities available on demand without any additional charges when you dial 0 (Shower cap, slippers, extra bath amenities, coffee machine…)
Feel free to contact me at wmontreal@whotels.com so we can discuss further.

Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I came up here right after our wedding for a "mini moon" and it was perfect. As we were exhausted from putting on a wedding, the ability to rest and rejuvenate together was so needed. The concierge helped us find running routes down along the canal and recommended an excellent steak house. We also enjoyed an almost private dinner at Otto and small plates at Wunderbar. The W is the absolute best for a luxurious getaway and the Montreal version is one of my favorites in the world.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I did not like the style of this hotel (I've never stayed at a W hotel before this, so I assume they're all like this?) - it's going for a night club vibe and so is super dark. I can understand if you set the vibe in the room by dimming the lights, but there's no way to make it bright in the room. The first thing I did was turn on every light, but, unfortunately, it was still dark. The bathroom set up was a bit unusual as well - in that if you are more than one person, there's no way to take a shower without the other person seeing you take your shower (see pic). The good part about this was that you got some extra light in the room from the bathroom lights, and it also made the room seem slightly bigger. That was another drawback about the hotel - the room was very small. It's fine with me usually, as I don't often spend a ton of time in the hotel while traveling, but for the price (I was here for one night on business, and I think it was $420/night with taxes), the rooms should be bigger!

On the positive side, the bed was very comfortable, and the shower (rain) and bathroom (bright, white, and modern) were great. I also used the gym, which was super small (two ellipticals, two treadmills, two bikes, and weights), but sufficient. And the people at reception were very nice and helpful as well.

Overall though, for this price, I would not stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Fredericton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed at the W June 2013 for busniess. The lobby is dark and the furniture funky and modern. I have environmental allergies and the first thing i noticed getting of the elevator was a strong scented smell very much like hair spray unfortunately this carried into the rooms as well. The room was dark i couldn't put enough lights on to make it bright> Our room faced another building with a big flag between the buildings for privacy so absolutely no views other than a brick wall. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Overall a nice modern hotel not my style, good staff but if you suffer from allergies not the place for you.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the park.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.
It’s good to know that you appreciate the hotel's design and our talent's work.
We are very sensitive to our guests needs and especially if they suffer from any allergies. We do use a light mist as part of our W standards but if we know in advance that you have environmental allergies we do not spray in the room. We are very sorry that we didn't have this information prior to your arrival.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again and offer you a room without our W Signature Scent.

Your W Montreal Manager

Been to W Montreal? Share your experiences!