“Amazing hotel, great experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #27 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
“Amazing hotel, great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Everything about this hotel is in some way perfect. To start, the location is fantastic, close to everything and in the centre of the city. The hotel is very modern, but still feels cozy and inviting. I was upgraded for free to a Fantastic Suite which was a great surprise. The room was very clean, extremely spacious and comfortable (I could have died on that bed, or in that bathtub and been more than happy). I loved the open concept room and did not want to leave. I ordered room service a couple of times which was just perfect in terms of quality and wait time (always less than 30 minutes). Besides these things I mentioned, the staff at the hotel were great; very friendly, very funny, very helpful and a pleasure to talk to. After staying at the W Montreal, I will not stay anywhere else in Montreal. The hotel, like I said, is perfect, including the staff and I hope to return very soon!

Room Tip: If you can, try to book a Fantastic Suite, or above. The rooms are very spacious, the bathtub is ove...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the W Montréal.
It’s great to hear you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade. We try to provide complimentary room upgrades whenever possible.
As we know, it’s important for you to have a good night sleep; all the152 rooms are furnished with our comfortable W signature beds. If ever you are interested in having a souvenir of W Montreal you can purchase items online through whotelsthestore.com.

We look forward for your return,
All the best,
Your W Montréal’s Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Had enjoyable stay but perhaps not the best family choice with boutique (dark) sofa type ambience and open plan (curtained) room/bathrooms. Staff were great and in particular, concierge was really helpful and friendly. Recommendations for nearby restaurants could not have been better. Location is great near the old quarter and business sectors and quite close to river. Breakfasts are exorbitant but lots of nearby cafes. Wi-fi should be included in tariff as it's a little ridiculous that it's free at lobby level but not for paying guests.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed at the W Montreal in Nov 2012 for one week, a business / pleasure trip. Having stayed at W's before, my expectation was that the hotel would be sleek, trendy, and well put together with excellent service. W Montreal did not disappoint. The lobby and common areas were amazing, with a posh night-club tone that I come to expect from the W. I was upgraded to a 10th floor Mega Room, which had an amazing bathroom and more than enough room. All food and drinks that I ordered were made with excellent quality and timing. Check-in and adjustments were painless, with great help from Dori (sp?). Valet was effortless and fast, with specifically Chris attending to everything that I had requested, including some great restaurant tips. I do not understand other reviews on here, how people can be that ultra-picky about the small things- because the W Montreal was one of my best stays in Canada- period. The only wish-list item would be for this hotel to make a roftop pool scene like my other fav, W Hollywood.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

From an hotel manager point of view I can say that the W Hotel is absolutely one of the best hotel I've ever been. The open space concept of the room/bathroom is brilliant. The overall design breathtaking. The attitude of the staff impeccable. Forget about the Marriott and similar, W is the place where to be. Every negative comment I read about this hotel sound like a joke to me, definitely not worth anyone's attention. After visiting the W I can say I'm not curios about any other hotel in town. So far there's only one comment I would like to make. When I was asking for directions to the agent (the desk on the right side of the lobby when accessing the hotel from the main entrance) I received an ok answer, nothing more than that. There was no initiative from his side, no attempt to go out of his way. Offering a suggestion or an alternative would have made the difference between good service and outstanding service. This is ONLY an observation. Nothing more. The W still fully deserves a 5/5 rating to me.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the W Montréal.
We are touched by such positive comments especially coming from a hotel manager.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future,
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I frequent Montreal any chance that I can get but this was the first time that I stayed at the W Montreal. It was my boyfriend's birthday and we wanted to make it special.
Upon arrival, we were not required to search for parking, as this at times can be a difficult task, as the W offers valet. The front receptionist was very courteous and welcoming.
We stayed in the Mega room w/park view. The style was very contemporary and gave the concept "Open concept decor" a whole new perspective. We really enjoyed it. The room was clean and the bar was fully stocked. We will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: Put the "do not distrub" sign on the door. The W offers a "coffee cart and newspaper...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing the W Montréal,
Happy Birthday again to your boyfriend!
We are glad we were able to make your stay extraordinary on such a special occasion.
We look forward to your return in the near future!
Warmly,
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Handy location to Old Montreal, train & bus stations. Waiting 75 minutes for our room not impressed. Carpets in hallway on 4th need to be replaced, trip hazard. Sheets on bed were very worn and ripped in multiple places. Not worth the money or points evaluation.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the W Montréal.
We are sorry to hear you had to wait 75 minutes for your room. Our check-in begins at 3pm and we try to have the rooms ready as early as possible in order to accommodate our guests. Regarding your comments about the bed sheets, please note that we are constantly getting new bedding to refurbish the rooms and heighten our guests’ sleep experience.
All the best,
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The room was nice sure! But really, really small even if we took the Wonderful room. There's no coffee machine in the room, just old coffee in the lobby and no pastries as they said.... The shower is nice but I could use more pressure. Beds are ok but not as confortable as the one at Westin. If you want an advice, stay at the Westin but use the clubs and bars at the W. Also, the entry to the hotel is in the street...so it's sometimes hard to park and wait for the valet parking.

Room Tip: Take a suite because a normal room is really small
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Please note that coffee machines are available upon request with our Whatever/Whenever service. So for your next stay just dial 0 and one will be delivered right to your room, we know there is nothing better than a good cup of coffee to kick start your day! Also, we serve fresh hot coffee in the Living Room and Ristorante Otto offers a full breakfast menu.

We hope to welcome you back,
Your W Montréal’s Manager

Been to W Montreal? Share your experiences!