“Go to the Westin !!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of W Montreal

You added W Montreal to your Saves list
W Montreal
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Victoria Square, Montreal, Quebec H2Z 1R1 , Canada (Quartier International)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #21 of 162 Hotels in Montreal
Ottawa, Canada
“Go to the Westin !!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The room was nice sure! But really, really small even if we took the Wonderful room. There's no coffee machine in the room, just old coffee in the lobby and no pastries as they said.... The shower is nice but I could use more pressure. Beds are ok but not as confortable as the one at Westin. If you want an advice, stay at the Westin but use the clubs and bars at the W. Also, the entry to the hotel is in the street...so it's sometimes hard to park and wait for the valet parking.

Room Tip: Take a suite because a normal room is really small
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Please note that coffee machines are available upon request with our Whatever/Whenever service. So for your next stay just dial 0 and one will be delivered right to your room, we know there is nothing better than a good cup of coffee to kick start your day! Also, we serve fresh hot coffee in the Living Room and Ristorante Otto offers a full breakfast menu.

We hope to welcome you back,
Your W Montréal’s Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel prior to my recent stay. Their attention to detail and customer service have always been phenomenal from the time of my arrival to my checkout. The staff truly offers a premium customer experience. I look forward to staying at this hotel again and again.

Room Tip: Just call concierge to adjust the room temperature if it gets too hot or cold.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your loyalty to W Montréal!
We strive to offer our guests with exceptional service and it is great to hear you enjoyed your experience with us.

We look forward in having you back with us in the future,
All the best,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have had mixed stays at various W's, given that some of them are highly trendy and I feel out of place when I am in the hotel. The W Montreal though is one of the best in the franchise. While the rooms are very design heavy, it was well-designed and with some great amenities. The bed was very comfortable and it was so nice to soak in that bath tub after a long day.

The staff was excellent: from the warm greetings from Catherine at check-in to the great suggestions for restaurants by the concierge. The hotel is located right in between Old Montreal and the City Center, so the location was great and I could walk to most of the places that I needed to be. The gym is in the basement along with direct access to the underground and the subway, so I was able to remain dry during a couple of rainy days.

On the negative side, there was inconsistent wi-fi in the room and you do have to climb up a small hill to head up to René Lévesque Boulevard to get the airport bus. Other than that, this was a superb stay and the W Montreal will be where I will stay when I go to Montreal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing W Montréal.
It is nice to hear you appreciate the hotel and its prime location.
We will be sure to pass along your kind words to Catherine and the team!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Warmly,
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I am a platinum SPG member for over ten years. I have to say that of the many Starwood properties, we received some of the best service at this location. The concierege assistance was outstanding, front desk five stars. Love their green option too. We will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest program and for reviewing the hotel.
We strive to provide our guests outstanding service from check-in to check-out.
We are happy to hear you liked our Make a Green Choice program and thank you for contributing to a green-conscious community and a cleaner environment.

We look forward to your return,
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the W hotel Montreal... i've stayed at hear several times before and at W Hotels all over the world... this hotel continues to impress... amazing property... stylish rooms and common areas... combined with world class service... As a Starwood Lifetime Gold Member I was treated to an upgraded 2 floor suite... complementary drinks at the bar and arrvival snacks in the room. They know how to treat their customers... I also enjoyed a meal in the hotel's restaurant which was incredible - tempura tiger shrimp and steak... both very good! Can't say enough positive things about this property... if youre in Montreal the W is a must stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My husband and I had the wonderful opportunity to stay at The W Montreal, Oct. 21-25, 2012. EVERYTHING was superb from the professional/courteous staff, excellent location, hotel facilities top notch - the front door men, concierge, front desk, housekeeping, mini-bar off of the lobby, delicious complimentary coffee in the lobby, great fitness area, etc. Never had I stayed in a desirable city with a hotel whose staff has taken customer service to the highest level. My compliments to this hotel and professionalism in each way!

Room Tip: Our 7th floor room had a lovely city view. Our floor wasn't noisy, therefore all was grand.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This ultra-luxury, modern boutique property is absolutely my favorite in the city. I like the location, being in-between New and Old Montreal- we walked everywhere! The staff is accommodating, but more than anything- the rooms are STUNNING. We were upgraded to a 2-story suite which had a staircase leading to the bedroom. They had a Christmas tree on the patio, which was lit in purple, and there was snow everywhere. It truly felt like a magical place. I love the W brand but sometimes they can feel a bit pretentious or over the top. This hotel is warm and inviting, and truly chic. Upgrade your stay- you won't regret it!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to W Montreal? Share your experiences!